Whats best Pond Skimmer

Hey

Reaction score
Country
United States
My skimmer as mentioned in another thread is an old "Aqua -pure pond wise" brand that they probably no longer make. Have not been able to find it anoywhere. Being so, the skimmer sits in the pond and I have bricks on top of it to hold it from flipping. The weir door broke off a few months ago and when I looked on the inside of the skimmer, there's no way that I can attach a new one, no holes nor clip inserts. I may have to purchase a new skimmer. The helix brand looks good but unfortantly as of now they dont make a in pond skimmer, just the ones that are built into the side. I noticed some newer skimmers are dumping the mesh and just going for plastic filter baskets. Any suggestions on a skimmer?

Ad

Advertisements

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never had a TRUE skimmer. What I use is an OASE swimskim, floating skimmer. It does great for a small pond. It has a catch basket and uses a foam filter under that. I, too, have searched for options that are called in-pond filters. I’ve found several, but they never looked like they would work in my pond.

Hey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never had a TRUE skimmer. What I use is an OASE swimskim, floating skimmer. It does great for a small pond. It has a catch basket and uses a foam filter under that. I, too, have searched for options that are called in-pond filters. I’ve found several, but they never looked like they would work in my pond.

The one I have works ok but its clogging up way to quick. On top of that, parts that are needed are no longer made since the brand no longer exist. Curious if anyone has one of those aqua scape skimmers to see how they work

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
wow, i have never heard of these but they look pretty tough. The are also expensive, ouch lol
When our pond was first built I had another skimmer, which was ok. When we had to replace it I knew I wanted a Savio, once over the initial expense , I never looked back.......I'm sure it'll last through my life time.

Ad

Advertisements

Hey

Reaction score
Country
United States
When our pond was first built I had another skimmer, which was ok. When we had to replace it I knew I wanted a Savio, once over the initial expense , I never looked back.......I'm sure it'll last through my life time.
Any pictures or video with it in action?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Here is a short video I made of my Savio skimmer. I don't think the audio can be heard well. What I was saying is I have a 2500 GPH pump in the back of the skimmer, with a 2 inch pipe leading to the Sand & Gravel filter, I also mention the blue Matala pad, which lifts out for cleaning. I then mention the Savio UV lights that slip into the holes, there are two holes. I forgot to show the sides of the skimmer which has notched areas for electrical cords, so they aren't crimped.

I also forgot to mention that the front part of the skimmer is a basket that lifts out for cleaning . Guess the audio is fine :)

https://youtu.be/3brVw6FqEPM

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have a oase Aqua skim 40 and it works fine. I was stuck to using a surface skimmer due to the location of my pond.

Ad

Advertisements

Hey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a short video I made of my Savio skimmer. I don't think the audio can be heard well. What I was saying is I have a 2500 GPH pump in the back of the skimmer, with a 2 inch pipe leading to the Sand & Gravel filter, I also mention the blue Matala pad, which lifts out for cleaning. I then mention the Savio UV lights that slip into the holes, there are two holes. I forgot to show the sides of the skimmer which has notched areas for electrical cords, so they aren't crimped.

I also forgot to mention that the front part of the skimmer is a basket that lifts out for cleaning . Guess the audio is fine :)

https://youtu.be/3brVw6FqEPM

Wow! Awesome setup and great video quality. I think you about persuaded me just to go ahead and get one.

Hey

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have a oase Aqua skim 40 and it works fine. I was stuck to using a surface skimmer due to the location of my pond.

Let's see a picture of the location. We may be able to offer you suggestions.

Ad

Advertisements

Hey

Reaction score
Country
United States
What would be the reason for having a small or large faceplate on the skimmer?

Ask a Question