Whats the best vacuum for a small pond?

Reaction score
Which complete vacuum unit would you buy, for a 600 gallon pond? I need something that has a long tube, because the pond is roughly 3 feet deep. There are so many for sale online that I just don't know which one to order.

PS3

Reaction score
benny lava iam sure u can find that one cheaper. i got that on sale last spring for 180 dollars just surf the net

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You generally get what you pay for. There have been some great solutions using a 55 gallon drum as a vacuum /holding chamber and a shop vacuum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have one similar to that but you manually pump it. They are not bad if your spot cleaning your swimming pool but forget it for pond use. The litter bag would need cleaning every couple of minutes.

BennyLava said:
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately $239 is a little outside my budget lol. I am thinking of $100 or less. Anyone else know a good one for that price? I saw something like this, but I wasn't sure if it would work very well:

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Tech-AQUABROOM-Aqua-Broom/dp/B0015UCRXM/ref=pd_sbs_k_8

Reaction score
oh gosh, it's junk. I have read lots of review on that one. Crap.

DoDad is right, and the pondvac is the only way to go. It's pricey, but does the job.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For those who don't want to spend big money on a pond o vac the matala II is pretty good.

Reaction score
Ok this might be a stupid question but oh well. What happens to the water that gets vacuumed out? It just goes on the ground? Or does it somehow make its way back into the pond?

Ask a Question