whats this

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
sissy said:
ahh yes and I have a bug here gotta take a pic of looks like a lobster with wings anyone know what that can be .I have tried 6 times to get a pic

Is it too fast or are you too slow.......

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
to slow it comes from living in VA brain just slows down to a crawl .LOL looks similar to the first one .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is one of the weird maryland bugs

Attachments

• bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 247

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh geeze how much do you pay it to kill or does it just kill with it's ugly look

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
You guys are so funny! Assassin bugs I think are cool! If you ever see a moth that flies like a hummingbird, flower to flower, it's a "hummingbird moth"! We have them here, and they are really neat! I used to catch butterflies and moths when I was a kid and never knew about the luna moths only living 7 days. You sometimes see them on a street light pole at night. They are attracted to the light, but they fly slow. Another butterfly that was so difficult for me to catch was a tiger swallowtail. Large, yellow with black stripes, lives often in the woods, high in the trees. Thanks for sharing the pics, Sissy! That's the first I've ever heard of anyone seeing more than one at a time! They must have all been gather for the birth ... or funeral. LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
View attachment 6523

hummingbird moth...........when you first see them you are thinking it is a hummingbird, flitting from flower to flower

Attachments

• DSC00288a.jpg
    DSC00288a.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 226
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Great pic, Addy! I never know where to find pics I have taken, or if I have them on my computer or not. Thanks for sharing. I did a video of one once, but had no idea how to download it to my computer at the time. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing countryescape, not that organized, but I have learned to make folders for my pictures, it was getting overwhelming

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats the bug I have here and there are a lot of them .They even help themselves to the hummingbird feeder I just put fresh out there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those bugs are all cool..............guess we don't have those in our far out west area's cuz I've never seen them here :squint:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, sometimes I envy people that have no bugs, like flies, wasps, bumblebees, hornets and mosquitos, etc. but I do like the variety of other bugs I have around here. I guess that's the same reason I like the midwest, we have all the seasons, too. But, when those in the south get their ponds up and going so much sooner, then I envy them. :) It's great to see such different types of critters and bugs that everyone has in their specific areas.
And, I have learned to put pics in folders, but my folders got too big, like my "pond beginnings" folder. LOL I need to have folders inside of folders, too.

Ask a Question