Whats up from VA.

Reaction score
whats up everyone? im Greg. i built my first pond march of 2011. i decided one day that i wanted a pond so i did my research and dug a big hole, i bought a 20x20 liner and didnt wanna cut it so i ended up digging and shaping some more.i have a 7ft stream thats about 15 wide that runs across the top. 2 decent waterfalls and one tiny one.
i have a1600 gph pondmaster pump and a UV light.i had great luck with it, nice healthy plants, healthy goldfish and koi, as long as my UV light is clean and my pump is flowing 100% great clear water. it brings lots of new wildlife into my yard and a great attraction all year.this is my second year and since weve had such nice weather ive started digging 2 smaller ponds with streams. these pics were last summer, sorry about the net in the pics

Attachments

• both falls better.JPG
    both falls better.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 169
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 177

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome22bug.gif
Dafishes
Nice looking pond. Looks like you have good luck growing those nice Hyacinth and Water Lettuce plants. I have no luck w/ them here.
Can't blame ya for the net. We do all we can to protect our fishies!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome greg and thats a nice looking pond with some healthy plants ,I'm jealous ,my koi destroy plants .Funny how when you buy a liner so big and and then end up digging more after .

Reaction score
Thank you all, when those pics were taken i had mostly goldfish, i had 3 koi that were maybe 5 inches so they didnt eat enough to harm the plants, my hyacinths and all my plants did great! i ended up puttin them all up in my stream, it looked great but the growing roots raised the water level to much

Ask a Question