When to plant lilies

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to plant a new crop of lilies. Is it OK to do it now or should I wait for warmer weather. I am in Zone 8.

Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When you say "plant" do you mean water lilies? If they're hardy and the pond isn't frozen, go ahead!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
If it’s pond lilies..and your in zone 8? Yeah now would be the perfect time. In all honesty hardy pond lilies dont care when you plant them. I moved in the middle of the summer so I yanked mine out of the pond, stuck their pots in a garbage bag and put it in the corner of my new house‘s basement. There they sat until I built my new pond. 8 months later I stuck these pots in their new pond and boom they grew.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was grooming mine, tossed some tubers to the side to give someone, forgot about them. They were under a pile of pond trimmings. Months later I decided to pick up the pile of trimmings, (our temps had been running in the 90's and dry) Found the tubers under all the trimmings.
The lilies had new growth on them! Laying on land, buried under debris.

Ask a Question