Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Mine comes from everywhere except Africa it appears.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The highest concentrations of my maiden name are in North England, North France, and... Tasmania! There's a sprinkling in the US/Canada too.

Interesting tool! Thanks for posting it @MitchM (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
A lot of people like looking through their ancestry, so I thought some of us might find that link interesting.
A while ago I was able to find a picture of the actual boat that my grandparents came over from Europe on.
(Interesting to me, anyways)(y)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The highest concentrations of my maiden name are in North England, North France, and... Tasmania! There's a sprinkling in the US/Canada too.

Interesting tool! Thanks for posting it @MitchM (y)
Tasmania? Van Diemen's Land? You may find some skeletons in your closet, @Becky! In searching for my wife's ancestors, I have come across hundreds of records of criminals deported to Tasmania. (Not ALL her relatives.) It's very interesting (and addictive) looking up one's long-gone relatives!
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My maiden name was Portuguese. My fathers, step father was from the Azores. I was the only person in the entire state of Utah with that last name until I married my husband. It was interesting but really hard for people to say and spell.

My father was mostly Spanish though not Portuguese.

My married last name is Welsh I beleive, four letters, easy to say and spell :)

I am really big into genealogy. I have spent years digging and digging and found that my father was about 70% Spanish (mix between Spain and Mexico, his family came into Mexico in the 1500's and then settled California in the 1700's, I am the 7th generation born in California) and 30% English.

My mom is about 70% Scandinavian and 30% English.

That makes me Spanish, Scandinavian and English with a Portuguese maiden name LOL

I joke that I am a Mexican Viking LOL which is actually pretty accurate. I have dark brown eyes, olive skin and naturally blond hair.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Mine comes from Eastern Europe, for the most part. My dad's side of the family was from Ukraine and Austro-Hungarian empire (or thereabouts...you know how many times those areas have been re-mapped since 1900...)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Mine comes from everywhere except Africa it appears.
Marshall your name is acctually French and it has something to do with horse handlers during the 1066 invaision of the UK
Dont forget I was adopted from the Marshalls to the Broscombe family combe or coombe means Vally in Cornish

Dave

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Marshall your name is acctually French and it has something to do with horse handlers during the 1066 invaision of the UK
Dont forget I was adopted from the Marshalls to the Broscombe family combe or coombe means Vally in Cornish

Dave
Isn't his name Smith? :confused:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Germany than US. My mom was pure polish