Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I came across an excellent article on the American election, by a journalist in South Africa.
Maybe we can use our imagination for what the future holds.
My take on the article is that the election of Trump is a last gasp from a large group of people that would like to replicate the successes of the past. (who can blame them?)

http://www.politicsweb.co.za/opinion/why-trump-won

One thing that stood out to me was this:
"One final figure speaks volumes. On average in 1965 an American CEO earned 20 times what a worker did. By 2013, on average, this figure was 296 times."
I find that disparity to be obscene. Is it any wonder that people are so unhappy and view many leaders to be disconnected from the people they claim to represent?

(If Becky would like to lock this thread, I'll understand. :) The article is still a good read for anyone that's interested)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow that is some write up. Thanks for posting it.
If people just read keep feelings out of postings, Becky might keep it open.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Trump won cause he was also very popular on Social Media.
Just like the Mayor of Calgary was not expected to win and many were shocked that Naheed won, but he too used social media to his advantage.

More people get the news on Social Media and on line now than regular TV.
Plus too most people now aware of how mainstream media is the REAL liars!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I always find it refreshing to read a truly objectively written article,regardless of subject matter.
Mr. Johnson has done a good job with this assessment of not only the election, but of the status quo of the U.S. citizenry's financial state.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Pendulum swings but its the same clock. The ceo thing will not change without a major change in congress, which wont happen cause many who should vote don't vote for different congressmen. "Everyone's congressman is bad, but not mine I'll just keep voting for him or her."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Pendulum swings but its the same clock. The ceo thing will not change without a major change in congress, which wont happen cause many who should vote don't vote for different congressmen. "Everyone's congressman is bad, but not mine I'll just keep voting for him or her."

It's not just congress, shareholders (which themselves are financially well off), vote on the pay for ceo's. It's a cozy arrangement where the employees are just an expense that needs to be minimized. If the ceo can find cheaper labor elsewhere, the shareholders approve because it improves the profitability, which benefits the shareholders.
Shareholders put their money towards the political candidate that promises to make it easier for their companies to profit, and employees are the last consideration.
Clinton received the most corporate donations.......:sneaky:....I wonder why....:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question