Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Whoever is complaining already about Trump before he even sets foot in the white house and he is going to, will they be happy if he does good for the country or will they just keep quiet and never admit that he did? Just wondering :)

They should be happy. If he continues back-pedaling, he just may do okay, but he will still have to battle his worst foe...the establishment GOP. They are already laying the groundwork to rein him in if needed. The country may end up with an entirely different Trump than the one that was elected.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
They should be happy. If he continues back-pedaling, he just may do okay, but he will still have to battle his worst foe...the establishment GOP. They are already laying the groundwork to rein him in if needed. The country may end up with an entirely different Trump than the one that was elected.
Who is this new Trump I see?

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Way back in the early 1980's, I had friends with good jobs. We had a glass factory and many made real good money back then. I also had friends that worked for AGT and they made 20 and 30 dollars an hour... They all drove new pickups and took two vacations a year. Nobody had credit cards back then. Everything was cheaper and wages were very good.

Today it takes two people working full time to just stay afloat. Everything is way more money and many are struggling. Things will change soon. Donald Trump will make America better. That I promise!
The way our government wants it. Two workers, two incomes = Taxes!

Reaction score
I sincerely hope that you are right, but already there are indications that, sadly, you are dead wrong.

Would you care to share some of these indications and the source of them?

Two days after the election Russia and Syria want to have peace talks with us. Prior to this election Russian aircraft were buzzing our planes naval warships in an open display of disrespect because they knew Obama was too weak to respond. His "red line" was blatantly ignored.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/05/19/us-navy-ship-buzzed-russian-jets-vstan-zc-orig.cnn

The Dow just closed at an all time high as investors embrace a Trump presidency according to CNBC of all sources. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/10/us-markets.html

Mexico and Canada suddenly announced that they are willing to renegotiate the NAFTA trade agreement.
In 1993, the last year before the North American Free Trade Agreement went into effect, the United States ran a $1,663,300,000 merchandise trade surplus with Mexico, according to the trade data published by the U.S. Census Bureau.

In 2015, the last full year on record, the U.S. ran a merchandise trade deficit with Mexico of $60,662,800,000.

Trade with Canada was $575.5 billion with a 2.2 billion dollar deficit in 2015 https://www.thebalance.com/trade-deficit-by-county-3306264

On the other hand, we could have elected a pathological liar who was and still is under investigation by the FBI and just saw how that went. I mean she is worth untold millions of dollars, how did that happen as public servant? Old Bill sure has sharp eyes, he just happened to spot and recognize Loretta Lynch's private plane at an airport just in time to talk grandkids and golf right before Hillary's investigation, right?

Hillary will not be charged now because Obama can and will pardon her but the book has not closed on this crook. I would imagine that a lot of people will be willing to cut deals to keep from doing time for her crimes. She may be slimy, but there are just too many loose ends with the Clinton Foundation to cover them all.

Reactions: j.w

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Would you care to share some of these indications and the source of them?

No need to quote sources when it is all over the news.
1. Suddenly the 40 ft high wall will be part fence.
2. He promised to "drain the swamp" in D.C., but has appointed Washington insiders to advisory positions.
3. He stated that he didn't need the traditional GOP party members but appointed Reince Priebus his Chief of Staff.
4. He was going to repeal Obamacare. Now he likes parts of it.

All of this in only the first 11 days since the election. What else will he change his mind on.
There has been no discussion of peace talks with Russia and Syria, instead an invitation to coordinate the effort against ISIS.
Hillary is no longer an influence on the workings of government. She is, in effect, old news. Focus should instead be on what is going to happen in the next 4 years.
Like it or not, Trump's actions so far have even alerted the members of Congress, who, by the way, Mr. Trump will need if he wants to get anything done.
Washington (read The U.S. Government) does not operate according to the whims of one person. The Constitution sees to that.

Reaction score
1. Even a wall that is part fence is better than what we have now which is nothing.
2. Appointing experienced people to fill positions is just good business practice coming from a man who has made billions in business unlike our current leader who never even managed a Burger King and has doubled our national debt. Who would you rather he filled positions with, community organizers with no experience?
3. Again, who would you advise he fill key positions with, a plumber? He didn't need traditional GOP party members and in fact had to fight the GOP, the democrats and the media to win this presidency. Do you have anything bad to report about Priebus?
4. Pre existing conditions stay, is that a bad thing?

Given the choice we had would you prefer Hillary ?

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is Clinton in her stupidity has come out and told people to keep fighting for her .She only got as many votes as she did because women voted for her because she is a woman .I would never vote for someone that has proven time and time again how corrupt she is and she can't take the blame for loosing and still blames every one else .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
1. Even a wall that is part fence is better than what we have now which is nothing.
2. Appointing experienced people to fill positions is just good business practice coming from a man who has made billions in business unlike our current leader who never even managed a Burger King and has doubled our national debt. Who would you rather he filled positions with, community organizers with no experience?
3. Again, who would you advise he fill key positions with, a plumber? He didn't need traditional GOP party members and in fact had to fight the GOP, the democrats and the media to win this presidency. Do you have anything bad to report about Priebus?
4. Pre existing conditions stay, is that a bad thing?

Given the choice we had would you prefer Hillary ?

Never said that any of this was bad. What I did say was this is back-pedaling from his campaign rhetoric, which is what got him elected.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Never said that any of this was bad. What I did say was this is back-pedaling from his campaign rhetoric, which is what got him elected.

Well, you just had to know that a lot of it was rhetoric and that it definitely needed to be toned down once he was in Office.

Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of the subject.

It is what it is.............let's just move on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But don't most elected people back pedal on some promises .We are human and I even know I have had to change my mind about things that I thought were right and I think most of us do .Everything needs tweaked a little

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Well, you just had to know that a lot of it was rhetoric and that it definitely needed to be toned down once he was in Office.
But don't most elected people back pedal on some promises

I know that and you know that but how many of his supporters took him at his word that HE was going to do things differently, that HE was going to change things like "drain the swamp", that HE was going to make "America great again". Once they realize that things are really not going to change that much, how are they going to react. We are seeing how the fringe Democrats and Independents are reacting. What can we expect from the alt-right and other fringe groups? The anger that he has released will need to be placated somehow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Obama did nothing for us and I think because of that we have lowered our expectations .My sister before Obama care was able to be on her hubby's insurance but since she works full time at the hospital they made her get her own .

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I think that you'll find that The Donald is going to be President for the next recession (sometime in the next four years, of course).

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't see any of us Trump supporters out there protesting and bashing things up in reaction to what he is saying about tweaking a few things.
Us conservatives are a bit more bendable then some of those liberals out there in my opinion. When they don't get their way they go on and on and on about minute details on the subject of Trump and anything else conservatives want to do. Let him prove himself and he if flops which I don't think he will then start your complaining. Sheesh give him a chance.
This really is getting old :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yep, I think if we give all the protesters a trophy for voting, they'll go back to their office cubicles and parents homes.
Let's move on and make this world great again.
(I'm joking of course. We need a recession to recharge the market's batteries.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question