Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
All presidents make huge promises they never keep. Why would you think Trump would do 100% of everything he said?
That in fact is what got him elected, rational people knew he wasn't going to deport all Muslims, Jews, Mexicans, or otherwise. He just wants to restore some kind of borders to the United States. Something everyone could agree on. I never really believed a wall would be built but at least he addressed a big problem for many Americans.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Why would you think Trump would do 100% of everything he said?

I never said that I did, but there is that faction of rabid Trump supporters including some in the Alt-right that took him at his word. These are the ones that may start grumbling in dis-satisfaction. Interestingly, USA Today had an article today on this very topic.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nothing but garbage talk and unproven lies, all this banter about rabid Trump supporters etc. The liberal news media hates Trump w/a passion and will do and say anything to make him look bad. The only ones grumbling are the hateful liberal left wingers out to get Trump any way they can think of. No good comes of throwing out information about stuff that hasn't even happened. Sounds like some on the left are sitting there drooling just hoping all this stuff will happen w/Trump and his supporters and they can't wait to see it. It's all what if, and may, might or could happen. Shame on them!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
While you may not prefer to label White Supremacists rabid, they are certainly far right fringe extremists and they unanimously supported Trump based on campaign rhetoric. I really don't believe that these fanatical organizations will be happy with anything less than what they heard promised during the campaign. If you don't believe that then I suggest you check their websites.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
While I believe that there are some situation that was created to make Trump / his supporter look bad after the election, but I personally know that they do happen. My son is one to experienced such. He's 6. Not counting what other kids experience at school here. There are pockets like this everywhere that happens over night. Those anger/hate didnt born over night, but they feel were supported and validated overnight. These things happen weather people try to say its fabricated or not.

There are many reasons people voted for Trump, I understand that. But while some think Hillary will give free range to abortion at will and take the guns away (wasn't even said anywhere by her or her campaign), they said oh Trump wont do all that he said.

I do believe that Hillary will try to do everything she promised. Weather she could do them or not is different, but I know she would try, that's why I would like to be able to hold on to the the candidate words and not have to guess which one to expect and which one is just talk.

I have friends and colleague who supported Trump and is still a good person and good friend. So I know not all Trump supporters are crazy, just those who I mentioned above.

And I do not support any riot. Protesting is fine since it's within the right and the law. Rioting is not.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Clinton and Obama will not speak up to stop these stupid rioters .Clinton is now in trouble with the Swiss because ofdonations to her foundation and promises not kept .Bill Clinton said he warned her also about all this stuff and she would not listen to him .So what does that tell you .Clinton keeps telling the people to keep fighting for her . poor Clintons and I don't feel a bit sorry for them .They took themselves down with there lies

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did hear Obama tell the rioters to stop doing all the horrible things. Clinton should have told her supporters to stop. A lot of them were paid thugs that didn't even vote so who knows if they would listen anyways.
Peaceful protesting is ok but hurting people,stopping traffic and damaging their businesses is against the law and they should find themselves in the gray bar hotel.

White racist's like the KKK etc. causing any trouble illegally should be locked up too! I don't believe Trump is a racist and just because there could be racists that voted for him does not mean that he or I or anyone who voted for him should be labeled one unless proven guilty. Racism comes from all sides, not just whites and it's too bad we can't all come together instead of fighting over what color we are. God should one night strike us all green :D

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Sadly, we have a nation of scaredy cats and cry babies. Colleges cancelling classes so students can all sit around and wail about losing. Really? Safe spaces?

Same here. I can't believe how many absolute whiners i know. Now they are petitioning to override the electoral college... oooookay. So you know the rules before the game starts, you play the game, you LOSE the game, then you want to change the rules? That makes all kinds of sense.
If they ever enter the working class their in for a big surprise. Had a young guy walk out today when faced with labor. He told us earlier this is the longest he's ever had a job, started in August. These kids are protesting the loss of their free ride hiding behind false 'values' and nothing else. I did a 13.5 hr day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
These kids are protesting the loss of their free ride hiding behind false 'values' and nothing else. I did a 13.5 hr day.

Precisely - that's why all the young people were behind Sanders and his promise to wipe out their college debt. What a concept - I'm going to call my mortgage company and say "listen. I know I AGREED to pay the money back and signed all that paperwork and whatnot, but now I just don't feel like that's in my best interest. So what do you say we just forget about it?" That should get a few laughs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
While you may not prefer to label White Supremacists rabid, they are certainly far right fringe extremists and they unanimously supported Trump based on campaign rhetoric. I really don't believe that these fanatical organizations will be happy with anything less than what they heard promised during the campaign. If you don't believe that then I suggest you check their websites.

I'm not sure I understand what you think they heard that would make them so happy?

Deporting illegal immigrants possibly but Trump never said he would deport any one race of people despite what his detractors said about his immigration policy.

For example, what Trump said about Mexicans:

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

And of course he is right. Mexico is not sending their best and brightest and in many cases criminals. Poor and cheap labor represents the vast majoirity of illegal immigrants coming across the border. Illegal immigrants make up 3.5% of the population yet they represented 36% of all federal criminal convictions in 2014 so there is absolutely a connection between illegal immigrants and crime.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...y-37-percent-of-federal-sentences-in-fy-2014/

What he did not say was that all Mexicans are criminals like many in the media reported. The far left in this country has demonstrated an inability to distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants.

Even on banning Muslims he never said he would deport all Muslims either but he did say in light of the inability to vet the people coming here from the middle east that immigration should be halted until that vetting process can be solidified. Once again I'm not seeing the racial animosity since Islam is not a race.

Remember that the brothers of the Boston marathon bombing were immigrants. Obviously our vetting process failed there as well and considering our own government admits our vetting process isn't working why would be blindly allow people in here without knowing their background or if they even agree with our government philosophy of freedom for women, homosexuals and representation?

So again I'm not seeing why white supremacists would be so happy any more than black supremacists who support the BLM movement that Hillary endorsed would be happy with her.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Exactly @texmaster . The media pushed for Trump's nomination because they believed he would be easy for the Democrats to beat with just about anyone they ran. The so-called October surprise happened in November in this case.

I don't know why any citizen of this country would be opposed to protecting our borders. Go to any other country in the world and try to take advantage of the rights afforded to the citizens of THAT country. Good luck. And yet we have people who think NON CITIZENS should be given the right to vote for the OUR leaders. What is wrong with people? I don't even want illegals in our jails - if they are convicted of a crime, get them out. That's not racism. That's common sense. But the left wants to play with our minds - call them "undocumented workers". You can call them whatever you want - they are breaking the law.

I am not anti-immigration. I am anti-illegal activity. We need to update our immigration policy to reflect the true nature of immigration today. But unless and until that happens, people need to obey OUR laws, including our politicians.

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
The truth every nation has there good and bad.
And first we have to change our policy we no longer can say
Come one and all as,we,just do not have jobs for them.

The fact that they are crossing the border from Mexico Canada and on boats and do not have papers that makes them illegal weather they are good or bad. So legally we can deport them were that money is going to come from I do not know. I think it will cost millions every year.

Another point
I think 90% of the people come with great intentions (hearing we have great opportunitys) and then they can not get legal papers nor do we.actually have jobs for them and that leads to illegal activities
Now I am not making excuses for them but it is a cause in affect.

There countrys are worse then ours so they will do,pay anything to come here. As long as they think they can do better.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
nother point
I think 90% of the people come with great intentions (hearing we have great opportunitys) and then they can not get legal papers nor do we.actually have jobs for them and that leads to illegal activities
Now I am not making excuses for them but it is a cause in affect.
Tell me what other country in the world you can just show up in with no money, no plan, several children, unable to speak that countries language and expect to make it. And why should you be able to do it here? Where else can you wave a Mexican flag, other than here, and Mexico?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So again I'm not seeing why white supremacists would be so happy any more than black supremacists who support the BLM movement that Hillary endorsed would be happy with her.

I don't know. You would need to ask them, but they did support Trump and as such are looking for results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question