Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As far as an education goes my answer to Hillary or Bernie would have been how much education do Chinese or Mexican workers have? It used to be that when you graduated from high school you could go out and get a job in a factory making a decent living. Now because all the factories are shut down and moved overseas they say you need more education to get a decent job. If going to college gets you a job why are so many kids living in their parents basement? Forget the free education and concentrate on the free trade. Nothing is free and it never has been.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It doesnt matter who we vote for. Those in control we'll decide who they want and they picked Trump

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
As far as an education goes my answer to Hillary or Bernie would have been how much education do Chinese or Mexican workers have? It used to be that when you graduated from high school you could go out and get a job in a factory making a decent living. Now because all the factories are shut down and moved overseas they say you need more education to get a decent job. If going to college gets you a job why are so many kids living in their parents basement? Forget the free education and concentrate on the free trade. Nothing is free and it never has been.
And now a 'decent job' doesn't pay enough to live on, you need to be specialized or fall into the 67-70 hr week career. Yes, you used to be able to make a good living in a warehouse, factory or simple office work, not anymore. I'm seeing my 21yr old daughter loosing her drive because she doesn't feel she'll ever be able to live like her parents do. She wanted to move out last summer but the reality is the money's just not there. She has a degree in graphic design, works as a web designer (for 12.50 hr)!!! And is currently taking business management as a supplement to her creative degree. My wife and I both did long term factory work with pretty sweet 401's and pensions, something she'll never see. Hopefully she'll be able to earn enough to make up for her lack of retirement savings. How did America get like this in just 20 years? I would never have had a child in times like these.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
How did America get like this in just 20 years?

Computer technology. It has eliminated many a job, made others out-dated. There has been a complete change in which disciplines are now in demand. A Bachelor's Degree is now equivalent to a high school diploma. Post graduate work is now required and then only in certain technical fields. A Doctorate in Liberal Arts will get you an entry level job at Wendy's......if there is an opening.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Meyer, I pay my guys $25/hr., and they
still take time off to go to "the cottage" in the summer despite a $1000 bonus (tax free) to not leave me hanging.

No cigarette butts on my job sites, please. It's disrespectful and degrades my work.

Show up on time, work as hard as I do..............BMW's on my work sites.

F'd up parents................

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Meyer, I pay my guys $25/hr., and they
still take time off to go to "the cottage" in the summer despite a $1000 bonus (tax free) to not leave me hanging.

No cigarette butts on my job sites, please. It's disrespectful and degrades my work.

Show up on time, work as hard as I do..............BMW's on my work sites.

F'd up parents................

I commend you and the fact that you have built a business that allows you to treat your employees so well, but you are in Canada. Your employee pay policies would more often be the exception here in the U.S., not the norm.
When my business was in operation, I started my employees at $15.00/hr (unskilled). While it may not be considered a livable wage, it is respectable as an entry-level wage for non-skilled labor and was more than my competitors paid. Even so I could not find a Caucasian that would even consider working, even teenagers. The vast majority of Landscape contractors and related fields rarely employ anything other than minorities, usually Hispanics as they are the only ones that are willing to do the work.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Benefits (medical ......prescription, optical, dental) were 18.6 percent on top.

I covered it. No one wants to work.

Send me some Mexicans. I'll sponsor them and their family. No subsidy needed nor required.

Sorry, BMW not included.

How hard is it to work 8hrs a day for $200 when someone else pays tour tax and benefits? Your car is screwed? No problem, I'll pick you up. Cab fare hour? No problem, just keep the receipt.

SuperBowl Sunday last year?....... $1160 for the guys at a Sports Bar.

Dee-ack boss

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
My current field, industrial maintenance repair, still requires skilled hands on labor. Lucky to find an old salty guy like me who's been around machines all my life. And difficult to find good help in the related fields, machine shops that pay really well can't get people to come in the door for a job. Welding, 120$ hr. Who wants that job? It's really hard to find them anymore.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Those that are classified as being part of the available work force have absolutely no initiative anymore. Hell, even with a HS diploma, I doubt if 90% can even correctly spell the word. Ambition? That is half the title of a Madonna tour.

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
To me the biggest problem
There is no pride or self respect and the number one no friggen common sense.
And the above applies the non uneducated to the educated.

As I say why would people work when they can sit on there butts and we support them.

Ruben

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Hello
To me the biggest problem
There is no pride or self respect and the number one no friggen common sense.
And the above applies the non uneducated to the educated.

As I say why would people work when they can sit on there butts and we support them.

Ruben
And that's why I didn't vote for Hillary.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Computer technology. It has eliminated many a job, made others out-dated. There has been a complete change in which disciplines are now in demand. A Bachelor's Degree is now equivalent to a high school diploma. Post graduate work is now required and then only in certain technical fields. A Doctorate in Liberal Arts will get you an entry level job at Wendy's......if there is an opening.
Automation has certainly reduced the labor force, it's incredible what they can make a PLC do to machines now. My last employer invested aprox. 5 million in automated machines in order to cut 7 production positions. At the rate a production worker earned it take years to recover that cost, even if the machine worked as advertised which it did not. It was a maintenance nightmare, one guy dedicated to only those machines, untold hours of downtime and a new area just for spare parts. The worst part, they were Italian built, so no American got any money for them, the installation or part supply (other than me when I assisted the install).
Recently visited a large cereal maker. Very few actual people there, just a ton of conveyors and packagers and few blue shirt maintenance guys waiting for a part to fail. I bet management has no idea where those boxes come from. Automation is a huge part of food processing now because it reduces the chance of contamination greatly, the less hands that touch it the better. Metal detection, x-ray, leak test, better than someone kindna looking at the package as it's packed. Lucky for me a machine will always need maintenance, be it preventative or repair.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's 2016 and 19 and 20 year olds are being told it's ok to delay taking exams , offered "crying sessions" and having therapy dogs brought in to help them deal with the trauma of not having the person elected they voted for.

In 1944, 19 and 20 year olds were storming the beaches of Normandy.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's 2016 and 19 and 20 year olds are being told it's ok to delay taking exams , offered "crying sessions" and having therapy dogs brought in to help them deal with the trauma of not having the person elected they voted for.

In 1944, 19 and 20 year olds were storming the beaches of Normandy.

Time for the youngsters to "man up" and put their big boy/girl pants on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question