Wild Turkeys in the yard video

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A group of 18 turkeys have found the cracked corn I feed the wild mallards. They are letting me get close to them now. They will come as close as a foot from me. They also drink out of the pond too.

Here is one up a tree eating berries

Turkey eating berries by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We've had wild turkeys around from time to time - they are definitely worse during breeding season. They will go after people, dogs and even cars. Of course geese and swans will do the same thing - it's just always kind of shocking!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
About 4 or 5 years ago I was walking in the woods, saw a little bird in the brush along the trail. That little bird quickly turned into a giant bird running at me. I ran about as fast as I ever have, and the turkey gave up after about 100 feet. The little bird was one of its babies. At that point, it was still fairly new information that turkeys were living around here, and I had no idea they were mating.

I have not seen an increase in population, so I'm not sure if they've been very successful. I still tend to see one male and one female, and this year they only appeared in my yard once.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a huge flock, they stay out in the farm field, every now and then some will wander into the yard, not very often.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We’ve got them here, but they stay away from the dogs. We’ve got all kinds of wildlife. I’d like to see more of them, tge pheasent and quail.

Ask a Question