"winter" pond pics

Reaction score
Decided to snap some pics of the pond today. I also caved and lightly fed the fish some wheatgerm pellets (checked the forecast first). I figure I'll lightly feed them every second day as long as the water is above 50 and the forecast continues to show mild or warmer weather. Our "spring" weather usually starts around mid February, but it's been really mild for the last week and a half.

My crinum lily, parrot feather, forget-me-not, water violet, marsh marigold, and loosestrife all have new growth. Also one of my lilies is putting up some new leaves.

I'm really hoping we don't get a cold snap that kills it all off and makes the growing season "late" instead of early...

Anyway, a few pics. Nothing spectacular, lol, but you can see the fish are doing good, if a bit skinny from their winter fast.

P1000690.jpg

P1000692.jpg

P1000694.jpg

P1000697.jpg

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I was able to get outside and get caught up on some overdue yard clean up, and I noticed that my water lilies are starting to show new growth. Also, the parrot feather, miniture cat tail, and the pickeral weed are staring to show signs of growth. I would have thought that it is a bit to early for this sudden surge of growth.

Last year the parrot feather drops it's roots into all of the other potted bog plants, and now I need to open very pot to get rid of the parrot feather root system. It's a little too intrusive for the size of my 365 gallon pond.

Happy ponding,

Rich :confused:

Ask a Question