j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Poor koiguy..............should we all chip in and buy him a sweater for Christmas
weather15.gif

Reaction score
We're freezing in Florida -- literally. I spent all day yesterday covering tender plants. My tomatoes have a tent with Christmas tree lights for a heat source. I peeked under the tent this morning and it looks like they got zapped anyway. We had a wind chill of 13 degrees. This is the first time in the 10 years I've been here that we've had a frost before Christmas, and we had one already last week. It's supposed to be up to normal by Thursday.

(You don't have to send me a sweater, but I'm thinking about going to storage to find my down coat.)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well there goes the price up to the sky for any fruit from Florida.................sorry about your poor tomatoes shakaho. We don't usually have any snow before Thanksgiving but we did this year and we had a couple days of frigid weather too. It's all gone now tho and we are now in the 40's during the day and 30's at night. The mountains had lots of snow a few days ago here and then we got a pineapple express and all the rivers flooded causing lots of damage.
We were stuck for a day from leaving our homes where we are w/ no way out. Thank goodness it was just for a day.

Hwy 530 near Arlington:
IMG_1376.jpg

House next to Hwy w/ yard flooded:
IMG_1374.jpg

Hwy and fenced field, water was still rising at this point:
IMG_1377.jpg

Guy w/ a big heart catching critters trying to swim to shore.........they were having lots of trouble and were hanging onto grass for dear life:
IMG_1383.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Happy rats and a shrew............he was able to save them all........my hero :lol:

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow great guy there, I can't stand to see things die or suffer

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me neither..........I have to save all the spiders in the house and put them outside and catch all the flies in a jar against the window pane and so on and so on. My DH always yells to me........."you better come rescue your friend or he's a goner :twisted:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I did declare war on the stink bugs this year.............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Naughty little buggers they are messing up the fruit on fruit trees. I must admit I do put out slug bait and I do smack a mosquito now and then :rolleyes:

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
Update... from my neck of the woods... Brrr @29 degrees.

Fishies are still doing OK. Water temporature is 52 degrees and dropping. The automatic feeder was removed. Feeding is stopped completely.
DSC01682.jpg

DSC01679.jpg

Without pellets, fishies have already grazed on algae, especially the green stuff that are grown all around the light :highfive:.
DSC01689.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

:regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
More update...

Blizzard has just hit my neck of the woods :highfive:. I've prepared my pond 2 months ago for this monstrous snowfall.

My pond was winterized & covered on 11/07/2010
DSC01585.jpg

Almost 2 months later, a blizzard currently covers my pond up completely. It does pay to winterize & cover your pond!
DSC01719.jpg

The snowfall blankets more than just my pond...

My whole neighborhood is covered entirely...
DSC01716.jpg

My spruce tree is blanketed all around with the white stuff...
DSC01723.jpg

My evergreens and pear trees are covered heavily with cottony stuff... Except for driving, I love blizzards.
DSC01708.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

Reaction score

To edit and replace a fuzzy photo with a clear one

Blizzard has just hit my neck of the woods :highfive:. I've prepared my pond 2 months ago for this monstrous snowfall.

My pond was winterized & covered on 11/07/2010
DSC01585.jpg

Almost 2 months later, a blizzard currently covers my pond up completely. It does pay to winterize & cover your pond!
DSC01727.jpg

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Too bad you don't have a port hole to check them out. That snow is probably acting as an insulation.

No problem. The mother nature had dumped and covered my pond with snow, and now its SUN has melted snow away.

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

Al Gore is right. It's global warming. Only 7 days ago, the blizzard had dumped tons of snow in my neck of the woods.

On New Year Day toay, it's 54 degrees in my neck of the woods. Snow's gone away from my pond & peripheral.
DSC01731.jpg

My pond water temperature is 53 degrees. Fishies are hungry looking for food. I fed them some snacks, & I hope that fishies :beerchug: will digest food completely before the next blizzard strikes.:)
DSC01741.jpg

DSC01736.jpg

Reaction score
Update...

Today here's what's happening in my neck of the woods. The air temperature is 60ish degrees:bowdown:, but the water temperature remains at 49 degrees under the cover. The fountain has functioned Okay as intended. It continues to provide water-circulation and oxygenation for the fishies:fish:...so far so good :fingersx:.
DSC01761.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

Since the water temperature stays below 50 degrees, I have not fed the fishies for 46 days:yikesu:. They are pretty hungry. They've grazed all the algae on the walls, and they have even picked clean the debris/craps on the pond bottom:yikesu:.
DSC01768.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

They are constantly moving around in search of FOOD. I kid you not. Look at the pictures:
DSC01757.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01750.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

Ask a Question