IMG_5878.JPG
IMG_5879.JPG
IMG_5885.JPG
IMG_5886.JPG
IMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5892.JPG
IMG_5894.JPG
IMG_5877.JPG
I'm beginning to wonder if 2 of my koi are pregnant. They started out like this one (who still looks like this)

IMG_5884.JPG

Now they look like this with swollen bellies. I haven't been overly feeding them. Just look pregnant to me but I could easily be wrong

IMG_5874.JPG
IMG_5876.JPG

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
They are very pretty and hope the swollen belly goes away. Not good if belly gets strangely swollen. I had a goldfish years ago that had a swollen belly and it did not live too long. Sorry.
No worries, they were cheap at least & from Walmart so I knew there could be risk. I only feed them every few days & not much. Water is probably 65-68 degrees in the tank. Looks like my heater died in it, which is fine for these guys/gals

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
They are really cool colors. Are they irridescent?

I think one might be. With my earlier ones I was never worried if I lost them I told myself as they were cheap! Now after waiting a few years to find ones with markings I like on them, I don't have that attitude anymore. But again a lesson learned on overpopulation during winter, it directly led to me building the 2nd pond. I considered redigging the first one but digging a second one was much easier!

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
So here are some updated pics after I started up the stream today. Looks like I'll have to post vids to youtube and link to here. I've also decided to get more into bonsai. Had an early interest in it before building the ponds, but was derailed by my kids and ponds and kind of had a secondary focus to it. Met some cool people on a bonsai forum very similar to this one, been directing any with ponds here, so hopefully new faces we will see!

DSCF6673.JPG
DSCF6689.JPG
DSCF6690.JPG
DSCF6691.JPG
DSCF6692.JPG
DSCF6693.JPG
DSCF6694.JPG
DSCF6695.JPG
DSCF6696.JPG
DSCF6697.JPG
DSCF6698.JPG
DSCF6699.JPG
DSCF6700.JPG

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I did notice this spring that my edges are filling in nicely with a natural look and I noticed a lot of moss that appeared on its own! I love it. Also noticing a lot of shrubs/etc I didn't plant that our feathered friends must be dropping off for me. My goal this summer is to properly weed the garden while letting nature take its course. Still debating on adding a wildlife pond to part of the garden. Would be all natural with mosquito dunks to control the buggers until the natural predators took over. No fish in it either. But one project at a time!
DSCF6701.JPG
DSCF6702.JPG

Ask a Question