Wish me luck

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Having the house painted. The painters are pressure washing the house with bleach solution which is totally necessary. The worst part of the area needing to be pressure washed and painted is the covered walkway over the pond (of course!) We have draped the pond and waterfall with a huge 4ml plastic sheet which is laid on poles and fixed so that any water will run off around the outside of the concreted edges. I have turned off the aerator so that fumes are not being pumped through the water. I have my Ammo Lock handy and am considering a prophylactic dose (will consult with manufacturer). I really can't deal with losing any more fish after our post-spawn debacle. Our painter is super careful and respectful of our property, plants included, so maybe what we have done is overkill, but would rather have it that way than have another tragedy. When your fish are older than your grandchildren and have names it is worrisome!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear good luck .I know when I do my vinyl siding I just use a pump sprayer with bleach and dawn dish detergent and cover my pond with plastic and a tarp .Dawn and water and a squeegee also do a great streak free window cleaner and also great to clean paint brush's with dawn and water . My fish were bought in 2004

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't risk it,a clean house woukd not be worth my dead koi. Good luck.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would be scared to be using bleach around my pond. My house could use a power washing but I don't want to deal with possible contamination of my pond. I thought about maybe doing it myself (renting a power washer) and just using plain water on the backside of the house where the pond is but that's as far as I got as of yet lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great he cares because most we give a crap less ,harsh but that is the way some are .You should make sure you save his name and give him a good reference on the yellow pages sight if he does a good job so others know

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck if your fish do become effected then do a large water change of around 50%

Dave

Ask a Question