Wish me luck

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lillysbaba, Jun 8, 2016.

1. lillysbaba

lillysbaba

Having the house painted. The painters are pressure washing the house with bleach solution which is totally necessary. The worst part of the area needing to be pressure washed and painted is the covered walkway over the pond (of course!) We have draped the pond and waterfall with a huge 4ml plastic sheet which is laid on poles and fixed so that any water will run off around the outside of the concreted edges. I have turned off the aerator so that fumes are not being pumped through the water. I have my Ammo Lock handy and am considering a prophylactic dose (will consult with manufacturer). I really can't deal with losing any more fish after our post-spawn debacle. Our painter is super careful and respectful of our property, plants included, so maybe what we have done is overkill, but would rather have it that way than have another tragedy. When your fish are older than your grandchildren and have names it is worrisome!

lillysbaba, Jun 8, 2016
    HARO and sissy like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. lillysbaba

sissy sissy

oh dear good luck .I know when I do my vinyl siding I just use a pump sprayer with bleach and dawn dish detergent and cover my pond with plastic and a tarp .Dawn and water and a squeegee also do a great streak free window cleaner and also great to clean paint brush's with dawn and water . My fish were bought in 2004

sissy, Jun 8, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. lillysbaba

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

Good luck!

Meyer Jordan, Jun 8, 2016
  4. lillysbaba

Smaug God makes perfect. I just dug the hole

I wouldn't risk it,a clean house woukd not be worth my dead koi. Good luck.

Smaug, Jun 8, 2016
  5. lillysbaba

bettasngoldfish Maria

I would be scared to be using bleach around my pond. My house could use a power washing but I don't want to deal with possible contamination of my pond. I thought about maybe doing it myself (renting a power washer) and just using plain water on the backside of the house where the pond is but that's as far as I got as of yet lol

bettasngoldfish, Jun 8, 2016
    Dave 54 likes this.
  6. lillysbaba

lillysbaba

Well, all ok. The painter used plain water around the pond and was super careful, stopping if the tarp needed to be adjusted. He is priceless!

lillysbaba, Jun 8, 2016
    cas, bettasngoldfish and sissy like this.
  7. lillysbaba

sissy sissy

great he cares because most we give a crap less ,harsh but that is the way some are .You should make sure you save his name and give him a good reference on the yellow pages sight if he does a good job so others know

sissy, Jun 8, 2016
    HARO and bettasngoldfish like this.
  8. lillysbaba

Dave 54

Good luck if your fish do become effected then do a large water change of around 50%

Dave

Dave 54, Jun 9, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question