• tetra dh3000 - 245
    • All runner hoses- 50
    • pondmaster 500 - 100
    • 14" Bio - Spillway - 75(ebay)
    • 2 Tons of Viking Stone - 65
    • Set Of 3 Sunterra Led Lights - 40
    • Tetra PF1 - 100
    • UV Filter(Tetra) - 140
    • Underlayment - Free (had to re-carpet a room!!)
    • Total - 1060

This is everything including all the extras. As you can see, I actually own 3 tetra products. I personally like the brand. As for hose, I have it ranginging from 3/4 inner diameter to 1 1/2 inner diameter. There is approximately 50 ft of hose. Stuff like my uv filter, I only run for one month. The lights, well extra. As for brand, I am not exactly up on manufacturer names. I don know, I haven't heard of this company though. Just something to think about.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It comes with a lot af stuff and i belive it would all work fine..as a combo its not bad...

I Do i think with a lot more shopping you could come up with better individual products that might fit your pond needs better for the same cost

Reaction score
By the way, the liner on that advert says 15x15, not 20x20.

I really am not a fan of these kits. I'd rather get stuff independtly. First of all, a 5" weir on a skimmer is too small in my opinion. I mean, what kinda pump is it. Also it doesn't include a filter. They are basically saying that the waterfall and the skimmer are all the filtering you need. That's a mistake right there. It will not be enough.

As Doc suggests, buy separately.

Reaction score
I started with a sunterra kit. Had to replace the first pump within 60 days. Sent the old one in under warranty. Got it back. Had to replace both the following spring. The sprung after that, another pump!! I finally got tired of it and just bought a big one. All in one is easy to start, but a headache later. I am speaking from experience having done that myself

Reaction score
Right. they're never gonna combine things of good quality....it's just a packaging deal. Buy the components you need. Don't pay for stuff you don't.

Reaction score
I initially went the "packaged" route, only to find that my weir was to small, the liner was sub-par and the pump crapped out after 6 months. I spent the money on a quality weir, and pump last year, and am in the middle of my"final" reconstruction (phase1) with the proper skimmer, liner and have sized accordingly. You will definitely need a filtration system as well.

Reaction score
kind of like the old adage: if it sounds too good to be true. . . .

the gist of what everyone seems to be saying is you might save a bit and enjoy the "convenience" of a package, but you'll most likely end up paying big time in frustration, hassle and even cost.

me thinks it's better to decide exactly what you want. size, design, depth, waterfall or no, fish or no, and from there folks here can give you many really good choices on how to proceed.

sadly, it's not an inexpensive hobby. i mean it's not hugely expensive either. But expect to settle in at the middle or higher cost in range of products that are out there. and, ask too if you're unsure. last year i bought a pump that was a complete dud and when I talked about it on the forum here many folks chimed right in---they could have told me not to buy that one.

Ask a Question