Air stones in autumn - do I switch off ??

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Okay so I got the little giant air pump set up and it's not too bad. I took a short video of before and after adding pump so I will let you decide what you think

https://fbcdn-video-b-a.akamaihd.ne..._=1441657624_31df1d2c99266708f0a7a3e2fe880aa1

https://fbcdn-video-i-a.akamaihd.ne..._=1441657740_9e2ae65ea0d6d574af1e993226285955

PS Don't mind my cheesy table that my pump is set on, I have to dig out a larger flat stone to put on top so you can't see the table.

Ahh Maria. Same with me. Error message on the video

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Jersey_Marine I'm sorry I don't use YouTube

@Mmathis , Did you check the video of the pump running? I had two short videos, one without the pump and one with it running.
Maria, before I sent the friend request, I looked at one video -- I think with pump -- but never made it back to look at the other one. Will do that, though. Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Maria, before I sent the friend request, I looked at one video -- I think with pump -- but never made it back to look at the other one. Will do that, though. Thanks!

Mmathis. Im not able to view the videos as I dont have FB. Can you give a review of the pump since I cant view the videos. I want to see if an external pump would be better than the LG submersible or vice versa..

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was skeptical that it would actually be powerful enough at three feet deep but I was impressed once I got it set up and running. If it continues to work without any trouble I will be very happy with it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
WTH?

I don't know why it won't let you view it

If you have a Facebook account send me a friend request. Maria Ewing, my picture is a boxer.

I can't find you on facebook! Boy, one thing after another! I wouldn't have bothered to chime in with another failure, hehe, but I really wanted to see those videos! Although I think I have decided what I'm going to do... I'm just gonna go with the hydrofarm pump (with 2 outlets, not 4) and a couple of those air stones you posted the link to... thanks!!

I have a pond that seems very similar to yours... it is about 500 gal with a waterfall feature and is mostly in the shade. I have 5 goldfish in it, some trapdoor snails and a bunch of plants. This will be my first winter with the pond and I've been going to bed lately with my gut churning out of worry for what to do to keep my little darlings comfortably alive through the winter. I'm sooooo glad to have stumbled across this thread!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
I usedthe pond breathers last winter. The year before we had a brutally cold winter and that was the first and last time i will lave air stones runningin the winter. I lost more fish than I could bear to count. For 6 years before I just used a pump bubbling on the shelf to move the water and a home made floating heater which worked well.

Ask a Question