addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't use submersibles, except tiny ones for my hot tub pond and deck pond.

My friend needs a submersible that is around 6000 gph, in the 200-300 dollar range of course reliable and not too hard on the bill.

Any suggestions. I looked a laguna, but not did find any with that gph's unless I missed finding them

Thanks

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
almost none, he is pumping water from the top of his waterfall, a deep pit into a pond right next to it without any flow.

To the left is the deep area that gets water from that lower pond top left pumped up, then waterfalls back down. He put in a pump to get that pond to the right water moving. Something happened to the plumbing. Beautiful old custom pond.
20170521_134513.jpg

lower pond
20170521_134314.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For $2-300 at 6000 gph and low energy use, I think I would look into some DC pumps like Jebao or Perhia. That flow rate is really pushing it for DC pumps, but you might get close with no head pressure. Longevity appears to be an issue w/ these pumps, but if your friend is willing to open it up and clean it a few times/year, you can probably make it last many years.

If the budget were a bit higher, I'd look into the Aquasurge line from Aquascape. They seem to be praised for longevity.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'd spend the extra few dollars and go Aquascape - we've had great luck with their pumps.

What a gorgeous pond!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The Aquaforce line from Aquascape has a 5200 GPH for about $330. That's probably as close as you're going to get on that budget for pump with a record of reliability.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
but if your friend is willing to open it up and clean it a few times/year, you can probably make it last many years.
nope that is why the one is dead now

I will tell him that is the one to get, he will listen to me. We have hives at their house, 1/2 mile as a bee flies from us. Him and his partner are not the best at maintenance of things like pond pumps. We have gone over a few times to fix things for them.

It is a beautifully planted old stone house, used to be owned by a writer (can't recall the name) A lot of time is spent keeping weeds out.
What a gorgeous pond!
It is, a few years back they asked for help trying to get the main pump running. Had no clue on what to do. It is in a skimmer box. Well had to flip on the breaker...................off for the winter.

They work in Egypt 6 months of the year (winter) on some sort of pyramid research. One of them is the top boss of the research. Nice people, the sister stays there year round, works her tush off, but has a free beautiful place to live.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is. Well I tried, he went with a 149 buck pump from amazon...................... the funds were too high for the pump you guys suggested.

Never heard of one
Jebao APP-6000 APP Pond and Waterfall Pump (6300GPH)

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Agreed as with most things you get what you pay for....jebao are usually cheap knock offs of nicer pumps at least in the aquarium hobby. Stuff is junk will never buy a jebao anything.

@addy1 Guess He doesn’t understand buying the pump @Lisak1 suggested, will save him money when he doesn’t have to buy another for a looooong time. As opposed to outlaying $149 every year or half year, have had jebao crap make it less than a month before.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will send him the info, may have already bought the amazon one.

Ask a Question