The wind is not our friend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We managed to survive the 50+ mph winds that howled through here Saturday afternoon-evening-night with no major tree damage or power outage. It did, however, blow a few leaves into the pond..... :rolleyes:

leaf mess 01+.jpg

We did have one minor 'casualty'. Our newer pup, Ellie, thought she could walk on the leaves & didn't realize where the edge of the pond was & went for a bit of an unintended "swim". She was NOT amused! (but I sure was! lol)
leaf mess ellie 01+.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was walking down the dock back to the boat and a 51mph gust hit me, I had to stop lean into the wind to keep from being blown off the dock. Then some friends had to help me pull the boat close enough to get back on. Last time off that evening! A friend and I were setting the boat up after it was brought back to the slip from repairs.

Poor puppy! a real shocker

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was walking down the dock back to the boat and a 51mph gust hit me, I had to stop lean into the wind to keep from being blown off the dock. Then some friends had to help me pull the boat close enough to get back on. Last time off that evening! A friend and I were setting the boat up after it was brought back to the slip from repairs.

Poor puppy! a real shocker
The wind was crazy! I still have to get out there today & walk the perimeter fence to make sure we don't have any 'security breeches' from downed limbs. That, and finish picking leaves out of the upper pool.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It was, missed our home, we had winds but not as bad as at the boat. I had time Saturday before they hit to make sure we were tied tight, far enough from the docks to not slam into them. I have a rope to pull the boat into get on and off. The boat sure danced that night.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Whoa! Stay safe, you guys. I'm seeing news of tornadoes all over the place.

Ask a Question