101 household tips

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
WOW, koiguy, those are awesome tips! Some are so common sense, you wonder why you never thought of them yourself!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks koiguy,some of those are really terrific ideas. I had to email that site to my mail cuz there are so many to look at and I want to see them all! I just saw the oj and clove one to put in a pot of water and I'm going to do that w/ the pot on our wood stove we use to humidify the air constantly :boldblue:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat list, did the same emailed it to my self to "remember" what I saw lol

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
saved to favorites!! I already use the orange and clove on the kettle on the wood stove. Dollar store spice section for cloves, cinnamon sticks etc. Thanks koiguy-

Reaction score
Great tips KoiGuy!

I have a tip to add regarding painting.

If you have to quit painting in the middle of a job and don't want to clean your paint brushes, wrap the brushes in cellophane, a used plastic bag or wax paper and lay them in a pan in the freezer. The paint on the brush won't dry or cure. Then just thaw them out and continue painting when ready.

Catfishnut

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
A lot of good ideas but I'm not going to use an old picture frame as a serving tray, nor will I use my mother's old underwear to clean the windows.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Catfishnut said:
Great tips KoiGuy!

I have a tip to add regarding painting.

If you have to quit painting in the middle of a job and don't want to clean your paint brushes, wrap the brushes in cellophane, a used plastic bag or wax paper and lay them in a pan in the freezer. The paint on the brush won't dry or cure. Then just thaw them out and continue painting when ready.

Catfishnut
I just put mine in the refrigerator, they last for weeks that way. Rollers and brushes.

JohnHuff said:
A lot of good ideas but I'm not going to use an old picture frame as a serving tray, nor will I use my mother's old underwear to clean the windows.

My mom passed long ago, did not save any of her undies.............she did wear the granny ones, large cotton soft, they would have worked well lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use peroxide to clean toilets tubs and showers and counter tops .I also use it in my dish washer and washing machine .Kills bacteria and germs better than bleach and much safer .If you have to clean drains or toilets that get smelly or stained I use vinegar and baking soda and watch it fizz and clean .Works in the dishwasher and washing machine also .

Ask a Question