15 Gallon Outdoor container pond needs Filter solution (not diy)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Am I reading this right? Koi in a 15 gallon pond? Sure it’s not a goldfish?

Maybe, for something that small, a pump and filter designed for an aquarium would work.
@Jewel I don’t usually respond to rude posts, but you said that no one was helpful.... Did you even read my post? I guess not, because I gave you a viable suggestion. You’re very welcome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
These people are actually trying to help you and your fish. Don't be so defensive.

Having koi in there for over a year and they are still tiny. That statement lets me know how much help you need.

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This person is obviously an internet troll. Just curious, but @addy1, is there any chance to do an IP address search to see if this OP has ever been a member, but under a different screen name? Wondering if this is someone who was kicked off GPF in the past — a disgruntled person with an agenda.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hadn't thought of that ! Says she has tanks but really? I have seen guppies on Craigslist that are listed as koi variety, maybe because of coloration? Don't think you could keep fish in a bucket for a year.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hadn't thought of that ! Says she has tanks but really? I have seen guppies on Craigslist that are listed as koi variety, maybe because of coloration? Don't think you could keep fish in a bucket for a year.
I've done it before, all the fish were dead by the end.

Never heard of koi guppies, but I have seen many fish under the name of "koi" Because of their coloration, such as koi bettas, or koi mollies, there are a whole plethora of them.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And she talks about her fish in the plural, which does tend to imply something smaller than koi. Did anyone else notice that the OP’s avatar changed — it is now different than it was in the first post. Or maybe I dreamed that, but don’t think I did.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
The OP must have changed it. I recall a person in a white shirt or dress.
Hmmmmm, I just remember the original forum auto, then this but I don't understand anyhow why they would change it to a personal one if all they wanted to do was growl at us........

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
but @addy1, is there any chance to do an IP address search to see if this OP has ever been a member, but under a different screen name?
You can compare IP addies, but when I look at jewels that person is the only one using the two ip addresses.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think there was a jewel1 that was spammed a bit back, that may be the one you are thinking of with the white dress.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
definitely was a white shirt wearing lady your not going mad, why do people join the forum if they dont want help ? i dont understand maybe im just old fashioned and believe you should treat people the way you want to be treated, especially with whats happening in the world. keep smiling and pond on !

Ask a Question