HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
All the best to you and yours,Terry, and may the new year be all that you expected and more!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
may the new year bring peace and health to all .The new year started great here weather wise 68 degrees and sun and the most beautiful clouds .Great to be alive and see the new year

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
babynewyear.gif
all ye lads and lassies

Youth is when you're allowed 2 stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to!

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better person

newyr4.gif

Reaction score
Old age is when you go to bed early because you don't care what anyone else thinks and you wake up at 5 am, not to go to work, but because you suddenly realize that it is too quiet!
Your vices are dear friends from your youth that you have outlived, but can't remember their names. Your neighbors are at peace because you don't have a stereo system that plays Van Halen, only an AM clock radio that plays reruns of Paul Harvey and the REST OF THE STORY at noon.

I am not old. I am not middle aged. I am not young. I am a newborn child because every minute everything that I learn is the start of a new life, the beginning of something new. A new adventure and a new breath in my life. Every new day, every minute is the start of a new year.

It is only when you stop learning, stop trying, stop fighting, and stop loving that your life ceases. No one grows old if they continue to live, therefore you are always reborn until your body ceases to function, then you simply exchange one form, the physical form of life, for another and you continue on. There was never a beginning and there will never be an end. Everything has simply always been and will continue to be.

I wax philosophical, but this is my New Year resolution... To learn through living, live by learning and love because I care to.

This is the most fascinating life that I have ever lived. If I am wrong about the future, or the past, I will not be any worse for the wear if I treat this life special and perform my best during this minute.

Yes, this is my New Year's resolution... It is a rather large order for me to fill, but I figure that I am in good company here with folks like you and others who will keep me in check and promote the same directive. So, thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Gordy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh gordy good one and your mind must be getting sharper from those energy baths .Life is when you get up in the morning and can do whatever you want and enjoy the fresh air the sunshine and even a rainy day .You can get 3 feet of snow and say i don't care as I don't have to go out there .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Upright and breathing, at peace with your self and life, the goal is to stay that way through the year. Just work through all the other issues as they come.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very true addy just take it as it comes and hope for the best .Did anyone see that online sight that tells you when you are going to die good gosh why would anyone want that scary info .It was in the yahoo page

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
very true addy just take it as it comes and hope for the best .Did anyone see that online sight that tells you when you are going to die good gosh why would anyone want that scary info .It was in the yahoo page

Don't see it Sissy, prob not looking the right place, sure don't care to know that and how would they know anyways.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It was one of those trivial things on yahoo and I would not want to know either .I just happen to see it and you put in your birthday and the birthdays of your parents and if they have passed that date and the state you live in and some other info .I looked at it but did not have the courage to really try it .Gosh what if it was tomorrow .scary thought .I guess you can google it as I don't see it now .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aww got it all in projections based on family history, area etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Happy New Year to all GPF members! :)

This will be an exciting year for Ian and me - we are (hopefully!) buying a house! So before the year is out I may have a pond of my own...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great new becky and hope you find something nice .We are cold here with winds gusting up to 40mph and is nice to have that wind in the summer but gosh not in the winter and it is a really cold winter wind and then by friday 50's and then saturday the 60's again .

Ask a Question