Our Pond 2012!

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

We had a pond installed with lot's of landscaping at the end of the season last year. That being said everything looked dismal, like it was
not going to come back. I am happy to say that with the new spring and summer, everything seems to be looking full and lush.

Below is a link to a youtube video that I shot yesterday to show how the pond is coming along after less than a year. Please don't worry about
the fish swimming around as there are 4 koi in our 3000 gallon pond. They are only being held temporarily as we cannnot have koi in a
rock bottom pond. :(

Thanks for looking.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You pond and landscaping are really coming out nice! Looks really good. I would suggest making a floating plant ring (Found in DYI section) and put those extra Hyacinths in it as they break away from the water fall. It will give the fish more shade and security. Plus it too will help keep the water clear. koi feel more comfortable if they have a area they can hide out of sight if needed. As for the koi, being in there, as long as you keep feedings light you really shouldn't have much problem with that small of koi for at least a season or two with the # you have. That's not croweded and if not overfed it should balance out rather nicely for quite a while. Looks good!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That pond is very pretty and love your landscaping plants. I think a nice floating ring w/ plants would be nice like fishin suggested.

Ask a Question