55 gallon barrel question....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
capewind... i thought about making a cage as well...but i figure i'll let them enjoy the full pond until its time to net them. seems the under 10" fish are far harder to catch. my big guys i can have them all caught in minutes. but the little guys. wow they can be quite elusive! i think i kind of enjoy the challenge tho.

Reaction score
I made the basket for the smaller guys .. the bigger babies would get all the food before the 1-2" guys could ... didnt want to pollute the pond with grossly overfeeding ... the basket has works great for its intended purpose. Seperated, the little ones are getting enough to eat without the pigs eating it all ... Once this group is done with it, I am thinking of using it in the 600 for the tiny guys caught outside. Since I used screen, even 1/4" fry cant fit through the little holes.

The divider panel works great in the 600 ... and want to make a couple of more. Just need to remember when I am near Home Depot to pop in there to get more fittings ... the hardware stores close to home dont stock much for half inch fittings ...

Ask a Question