A Dragon in my stream!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Ok so it's a Bearded dragon, :sniffles: Meet Spike, he's 11 years old, hand raised and we took him out today to bask in the sun, Spike decided after about 20 minutes in the sun that he wanted to take a swim, It's VERY rare for him to go to water, Normally he wants nothing to do with it but today he swam and up and down the stream then went basking on the rocks again. It was pretty cool to watch and thought I would share with my new pond friends.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 318
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 296

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
TOO COOL!....I keep 2 lizards in my pond, the koi like to grab the tails and pull,and shake them around...did i mention theyre rubber?...lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LMAO koiguy, good thing they are rubber!

How so very neat fishin. I absolutely love lizards! I never used pesticide around my house in az, the lizards grew to a good size and ate all the bugs. We have a place in florida, near his parents (foreclosure we are fixing up) that has the neatest curled tailed lizards and they are not tiny! And when we go boating sometimes see those huge lizards basking in the sun.............I don't know all their names yet lol

At the swimming pool you can see the babies running up and down the fence.

Thanks for sharing.

One thing I miss here are the lizards.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Too cool.........he must have been hot to want to go in that water or is he a she and was just having those horrible hot flashes us women get now and then?
Actually I think I heard males can get some kind of heat flash also.
Anyways he's a beauty. I've only had the Anole lizards
liznanana.gif

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
mouseams said:
I think he was showing off for the frog statue! Fishin- aren't you afraid he'll take off on you?
Mary, he's getting old and doesn't run much anymore, we sit him out to get sun when we can so it will help him absorb calcium correctly, he escaped when he was about two and spent a whole winter out in the yard, but reappeared the following spring. We also have anoles, three different species of Skinks, and some little mediterranean geckos

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I didn't know the sun helped to absorb calcium better. Is that true for humans also?

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
j.w said:
I didn't know the sun helped to absorb calcium better. Is that true for humans also?
I really don't know, I know it's something to do with certain UV rays for reptiles.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Had to go look it up and found this info on Ehow Health:

Vitamin D is mostly created through your body's interaction with sun light and is one of the most important factors in calcium absorption.
Low levels of vitamin D will result in poor absorption, regardless of how much calcium you are taking.
There are two simple solutions to this problem. The first is to get outside more.
More sunshine will mean more vitamin D in your body and better calcium absorption.

So there ya go............ya learn something new each day :cold:

Read more: Factors Reducing Calcium Absorption | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6879154_factors-reducing-calcium-absorption.html#ixzz1HpjEV8Im

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Aww, he is really cool. I had an iguana, had to give him up so he could move into bigger digs. We were moving into a smaller place. He was cool, name was Nigel.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Had to go look it up and found this info on Ehow Health:

Vitamin D is mostly created through your body's interaction with sun light and is one of the most important factors in calcium absorption.
Low levels of vitamin D will result in poor absorption, regardless of how much calcium you are taking.
There are two simple solutions to this problem. The first is to get outside more.
More sunshine will mean more vitamin D in your body and better calcium absorption.

So there ya go............ya learn something new each day :cold:

Read more: Factors Reducing Calcium Absorption | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6879154_factors-reducing-calcium-absorption.html#ixzz1HpjEV8Im

yep vitamin D is one of the wonder vitamin's great to combat a lot of things. i get plenty of sun!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I do take Vit D also but just never thought of the sunshine as helping absorb the calcium.......now I know and I try to get out there into the great outdoors as much as possible but we are rather lacking in the rays here except for special occasions :surfing:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze we have them all over here I never once thought about my pond with them lizards one more thing to worry about agie killing

Ask a Question