A few of our Koi

Reaction score
Just a few pictures of our koi. The small ones are last years babies.

Fish062010.jpg

Pond2062010.jpg

Pond5062010.jpg

Pond4062010.jpg

Reaction score
Those Koi are beautiful. I have two Koi and many goldfish. I am new to this. Koi and goldfish won't breed will they?

Reaction score
Goldfish breed like crazy, well I guess my koi did too. You do need a male and female though, so if both you koi are same sex, you're safe. lol

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
mlejeune said:
Those Koi are beautiful. I have two Koi and many goldfish. I am new to this. Koi and goldfish won't breed will they?

koi asnd goldfish can and occasionally do interbreed...their offspring are "MULES" in other words they are sterile and not capable of further reproduction..."i quess theyd be great for a ponder that doesnt want to worry overpopulation in their pond."lol

Reaction score
I didn't that Koi and Goldfish would interbreed. I am wondering what the babies in my pond are, then! I have two Koi (don't know if they are male or female). Is there an easy way to tell. I have lots of shabunkins and goldfish. I now have some new babies but now I won't know what the heck kind of fish they are. LOL

Ask a Question