j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I remember that part of the story and glad it was just my character that was prego :confused:
Those two young ladies had lots of fun together inside your book :lol:

Reaction score
Well the dog is here now. She spent her first night in the house last night. Today we introduce her to the rest of the pack.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's great news and you guys are so nice to take her into your home :regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
She is integrating herself nicely into the family. The rotts were playing with her earlier. She does not try to run away. She has found the love that she missed so badly. Vicki named her Lacy. It was very important to get her into our yard and our lives. She has been through so much and has shown such devotion. she was shot 3 times. Her ear is almost sheared off and lays across the top of her head. She cannot bark because her vocal chords have also been damaged.

We love her and she is one happy camper right now, she has new dog friends and all of the food, water and love that she will ever need. God is good.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm so glad to hear this Bullfrog. It's a miracle that the dog has lived through all that trauma.
She's got a good life w/ you and Vicki and now we need pictures of this lucky dog :lol:

Reaction score
I took pictures yesterday but couldn't find the wire to my camera this morning, hadn't had my first pot of coffee yet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You people and your coffee..............never could get myself to like the stuff no matter how much sugar I put in it :confused:

Reaction score
j.w said:
You people and your coffee..............never could get myself to like the stuff no matter how much sugar I put in it :yikesu:

I drink it by the pot, I'm not kiddng. Both of my parents came from Spain and had me drinking coffee by the age of four. We didn't have ADD back then, we had a belt to correct behavior problems.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok Mr Smarty Pants...............(DrDave) the stuff is worse than beer no matter what I do to it or don't. I feel that I just have super sensitive exquisite taste buds that will not except bitter gangrenous horrid products into my body :lol: I do however love potato chips dipped in milk :nananananana:

Reaction score
As far as beer goes, Michelob Ultra is a really good, smooth beer. I still prefer my Captain Morgan's Spiced rum or Tropic Isle Palms spiced rum. But I do still love my coffee.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
We grind coffee, fresh every day at work. Indonesian Dark Celbress. So good, It has made coffee drinkers out of tea totlers.

Attachments

• CoffeeBean Bag.JPG
    CoffeeBean Bag.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 218

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Bullfrog said:
As far as beer goes, Michelob Ultra is a really good, smooth beer. I still prefer my Captain Morgan's Spiced rum or Tropic Isle Palms spiced rum. But I do still love my coffee.
as far as American beer.....Rolling Rock is the way to go!!...liqour...gotta go with Jack or Jimmy Beam..but the captain is surely acceptable too.
coffee..the best part of waking up is the 2 pots of folgers in my gut!..(1/2 caff of course!)

Reaction score
Well the dog is here now and very happy. Vicki named her Loyal Lacy but we just call her Lacy. It's weird that on the evening that she came here, it's like she knew that she would be coming home with us that night. We had been working on her for over a week getting her closer and closer.

Vicki went to her and put the food down. As usual, she ignored it but this time, she slipped through the gate and waited, looking at Vicki. The gates were chained and a padlock hung there but there was a gap that Vicki slipped through. The dog took a few steps and stopped looking back at her making sure she was following. Vicki followed her as she continued to stop, waiting, making sure that Vicki was coming. She finally went to the front step and sat down. Vicki spoke to her, "Is this where you used to live?"

When I think of the five years, day and night that this dog sat on that step waiting through the freezing cold and eating whatever she could catch, lonely and alone, my heart breaks for her. But she is happy now and sits on my wife's rocking chair in the living room smiling.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a neat story and how about a picture (if you ever find your cord) of Lacy smiling :p

Ask a Question