A picture of me, tee, hee! "Chopping" a tree!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
That's wonderful! It's a really weird and difficult thing -- here, they push, push, push the kids so hard at school. If you aren't well on your way to Eagle before high school, it is really hard to find the time to do all you need to do. School here is out of hand. It's good (I guess) -- but all-consuming. Not at all like when I was a kid. I find it frustrating, because so much of what goes into getting to Eagle is designed ideally for mature young men. Not middle school boys. I think when they progress so far so early, they miss out on part of the experience. But if they hold off, then they are very stressed and just "checking off boxes" rather than really enjoying that journey fully. But anyway, that has nothing to do with ponds!!!!! Sorry!
Today, I might get out and move some plants away from what I've determined will be my pond site.
There -- now my post mentions ponds. At least a little!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Balancing the journey to Eagle with school, family, job and all of the other things that are going on teaches time management skills. The lessons learned in scouts will be remembered for a lifetime. My Eagle is 29 and just got married.

Ask a Question