A poll: What Kind Of Fish Do You Have?

What kind of fish do you have?

• No fish -- garden pond, only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No fish yet -- planning stages or undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have koi and goldfish, and here's the curve ball - one tilapia. He was a free fish, so I used him to test the water when I first set up the pond, now I can't catch him. So he's there to stay. Getting fatter every day. I also have a few those cleaning fish, but I never see them.

Reaction score
I only have one black koi so voted for that lol. I am planning on getting him some friends soon but they are gonna be goldfish this time.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I've had a few really beautiful koi but they all disappeared, don't know why. So will be stocking my pond with feeder fish from now on.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
mainly Koi, but some goldfish, several kinds of tropical fish, including but not limited to Frontosa, daffodil Brichardi, Pike Cichlids, several different kinds of African catfish, redtail shark, Oscar, Redhhok silver dollars and about 6 kinds of Algae eaters. In the big Native green bass, Florida Largemouth bass, coppernose bluegill, Green perch, Redear pumpkinseed perch, crappie, channel catfish, Also in the ponds are a few paradise fish and some Heterandria Formosa, the worlds smallest live bearer.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
mainly Koi, but some goldfish, several kinds of tropical fish, including but not limited to Frontosa, daffodil Brichardi, Pike Cichlids, several different kinds of African catfish, redtail shark, Oscar, Redhhok silver dollars and about 6 kinds of Algae eaters. In the big Native green bass, Florida Largemouth bass, coppernose bluegill, Green perch, Redear pumpkinseed perch, crappie, channel catfish, Also in the ponds are a few paradise fish and some Heterandria Formosa, the worlds smallest live bearer.
Show off! ;) [just kidding].

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
What, I only get one vote? Guess that means I can't add my tropicals. Had to go with goldfish, since 10 out of 12 koi have already been recycled as fertilizer, and I don't hold much hope for the other two! :cry:
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What, I only get one vote? Guess that means I can't add my tropicals. Had to go with goldfish, since 10 out of 12 koi have already been recycled as fertilizer, and I don't hold much hope for the other two! :cry:
John
multiple votes allowed, but not one vote for each fish....

Reaction score
4000+ Gallon pond. Lots of Koi, some goldfish, and I usually throw my leftover fishing minnows in there too.

Do tadpoles and toadpoles count? I'll have plenty of those in late spring.

Ask a Question