Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
capewind said:
Damn hubby, kick him in the arse and tell him it is temp LOL ...

I know nothing of dechlor carts, BUT have to ask how you know it is still good? Does it count gallons of use, or have something that says when it has expired? Or does it just mix in air to help the chlorine evap? My next thought is if the water going to the pool is on auto dechlor, set the hose to a trickle, say a quarter or half a gallon an hour, and let the pool overflow constantly... #1 constant supply of fresh water should take care of your ammonia and nitrites AND help cool the pool ... if you do it, just be sure that net is SECURE.
LOL! Hubby knows me too well. The cartridge says how many gals it's good for, plus I bought a flow meter so I can keep up with total gals. Have them on quick-connects so they can come off when not being used for the fish.

Already have some Ammo-chips in there (and it's about time to change it out for fresh).

Reaction score
So put it on a slow trickle ,,, if you have an ammonia reading AT ALL, put in more ,,, make yourself 2 batches ... one for in the pool, and one for re-charges...

Ask a Question