A Very Challenging Summer

Reaction score
It was a real challenge this summer maintaining my pond. First was the battle with the chipmunks and groundhogs eating all my vines(sweet potato vine, blackeyed susan vine and cypress vine). Then came the oppressive heat and the endless watering the plants and filling the pond. Next up was the earthquake and then a hurricane within a week. Thought for sure with all the large trees that the high winds would spell the end of my pond. Then flooding rains and 4 days without power. Some how the water stayed clear and all the fish survived.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003 (2).JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
008.JPG
009 (2).JPG
009.JPG
010 (2).JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG
023.JPG
029 (2).JPG
029 (3).JPG
029.JPG
031.JPG
036.JPG
041.JPG
Irene.JPG
Pond.JPG
Pond1.JPG
Pond2.JPG
Pond5.JPG
Pond6.JPG
Pond7.JPG
Pond8.JPG
Pond9.JPG
Pond11.JPG
Pond12.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very pretty,
Glad you and your pond survived the weather that hit the east coast.
We got a bunch of rain, but both times we were on the edge of the storms.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
VERY NICE POND AND SURROUNDINGS!...THE WEATHER HAS BEEN TRULY UNPREDICTABLE AND UNUSUALLY SEVERE THIS YEAR, FOR MANY!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow thanks for posting all your lovely pix and love that Cypress Vine...........heard they are quite invasive but sure are pretty!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind words. In the short time I've been in this forum I've learned so much, everyone one has been so helpful!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My cousin Freddie lives in Berwick PA and they had a lot of flooding from the Susquehanna river and he was lucky as his house is up on a slight hill and the water did make it up there but he has his pond built another 2 feet out of the ground .You were lucky and your pond looks great even with all that rain .We got so much here the overflow on my pond could not handle it .I had to go out there with a bucket and take some out .I guess you are a lucky person as the rain seems to let up and then another storm comes in to dump more rain .Your pond looks great even after all that wow

Ask a Question