Advice needed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
It has not been mentioned but could you also be getting some run off from surrounding landscape? It looks like your pond edge and rocks could be a bit lower than some of your mulched areas. Or maybe it just appears that way in the pictures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice hyacinth blooms! You may have seen another thread in which people are lamenting never having them. I have a few per year.
That was my first thought. Beautiful pond it will come together nicely and the crate and quilt batting or fish safe foam filter is excellent at cleaning up dirty water. Seen it many times so I decided to do that too as a new ponder.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Actually if you WH are blooming that's an indication they are stressed. WL,WH, and anacharis are all banned for sale in Chicago because of their invasive nature even though none of them can survive the typical Chicago winters!
.... go figure! We are the same City that banned Foie Gras for a while because we were worried about geese and ducks in France being force fed!

Ask a Question