For Sale Advice Please Golden Ogon

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, some advice please if i may ask. We are closing down our pond due to a house move. I am slowly selling the Koi so as not cause too much disturbance with the other residents. I have 2 large yellow golden Ogon's which we have had for about 5 years now. Originally purchased as a pair and we want to sell them on as a pair. Original purchase price was £350, they are now almost double the size and I am really not sure how much to sell. I can put up some pics to support but if anyone has any thoughts on what i should be looking at realistically; we are not greedy so no inflated prices please.

Thank you Chris

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Compare their size with a Google search for golden ogon of simular size from a breeder, then is recommend reducing the price by 1/3, as in if a breeder prices them at 3, you ask for 2. You might post pictures of them here looking for others in the UK I presume, as we do have a few members there. You might title the post with " located ..." in your area.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
double the size? I would say if the og price was 350 and they are double the size, because they dont come directly from the breeder and they are older possibly 600?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hard to say what koi are worth, just because they are bigger doesn’t necessarily mean they are worth a lot more. It really depends on the type of koi It is and it’s desirable color fidelity to that type.

If you are looking to move them quickly or in a time crunch ask what you paid for them or just a little more, and I wouldn’t think you would have any issues getting rid of the koi.

Ask a Question