Thermometer advice, please

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I'm interested in buying a thermometer for use in my pond. I used to have a castoff from a pool but someone threw it away. I have looked at buying one on Amazon but am wondering if you have any advice. I would like something that will register the temperature of the water at about 12" deep, or maybe even two or three different zones in the pond. If there is such a thing, I'd really like one that I could leave in year-round that would connect to a unit in my house so that I wouldn't even have to enter the pond to read it! I don't have fish, just lots of lilies. Ideas?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We got an IR thermometer from Home Depot a few years ago. Though it wasn’t intended for use in the pond, it seems to work quite well. It was pricey, though.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have tried several of the thermometers that transmit to a unit inside. all were floating types and none lasted longer than a few months. I have gone back to the standard pool thermometers- cheap and I can leave them out all winter.

Ask a Question