addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It sounds like the output gets plugged by something that may unplug when you turn it off to look at it. I had a apple plug a pipe once, loss 1.5 feet of pond water overnight. Took 6 hours to refill the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like the output gets plugged by something that may unplug when you turn it off to look at it. I had a apple plug a pipe once, loss 1.5 feet of pond water overnight. Took 6 hours to refill the pond.
I’ve cleaned the whole filter box and the outlet but will check again, turned it off for now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked up the filter, it's an older one not made any more but it is what we call a pressure filter. The lid locks down onto the base. It sounds like the seal or latch have gone bad.
My husband suggested maybe we need to order a new filter box.
thank you for looking, I appreciate it.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No problem, I have used pressure filters in the past. Once the seal goes bad it can be replaced but the model you have is no longer listed. If its the latch, no fixing it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No problem, I have used pressure filters in the past. Once the seal goes bad it can be replaced but the model you have is no longer listed. If its the latch, no fixing it.
I had best get hunting a new box, thanks for your help ☺️

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In the shed where the black filter box, my husband said it’s pouring out of the corner again. It only does it every few days/weeks. It’s strangely intermittent... the Filter box has been in situ for 6+ years and the pump we used for 5 years and when we renewed we had the same size pump... I don’t understand why it would spill over intermittently ‍♀
Is there any chance you have water getting under the liner and lifting if that could explain the random occurances. Cracks dont generally fluctuate they just leak

Ask a Question