Algaefix

Reaction score
It doesn't. You need it to keep that dissolved oxygen level in the pond up, since the dying algae will be sucking the oxygen out of the pond. The products themselves do not lower the oxygen levels. The resulting die off does.
This statement is also what I'm hitting on. Dying algae sucks up all the oxygen. It is a plant, why is it sucking up oxygen in the first place. I suppose we suck up co2 but we don't mean to and don't use it.

Reaction score
This statement. Your sayin the nitrogen cycle isn't on the bottom of a pond. I don't know how I am miss reading it.
Most of our pumps are bottom feeds, so when they pump to our filtration, that means no live bacteria exists per your words.
Hahahahahaha. For starters. It says in the muck at the bottom of a pond. Hold on.... Hahahahah... A can't type while in laughing so hard.... So you actually think the bacteria are free floating in the bottom and get sucked up by the pump and sent to the filter?

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha. For starters. It says in the muck at the bottom of a pond. Hold on.... Hahahahah... A can't type while in laughing so hard.... So you actually think the bacteria are free floating in the bottom and get sucked up by the pump and sent to the filter?
It doesn't say muck, you said debris. Do I think that bacteria is free floating and gets sucked up by the pump into the filter. Yes.

Reaction score
Ok sorry I'm on my cell phone and didn't recall the exact work. Same difference. Also, hahahahabahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Ok then, where is the nitrogen cycle? You now say the bacteria doesn't live at the bottom because of muck, and they apparently aren't free floating. I'm guessing they just don't exist and there is no cycle. Thank you for all the information and allowing everyone to see you want to argue with everyone and have no questions, just half cooked answers.

Reaction score
Ok then, where is the nitrogen cycle? You now say the bacteria doesn't live at the bottom because of muck, and they apparently aren't free floating. I'm guessing they just don't exist and there is no cycle. Thank you for all the information and allowing everyone to see you want to argue with everyone and have no questions, just half cooked answers.
The bacteria live on clean surfaces and thrive in high oxygen environments. This is why it is a good idea to have a mechanical filter before your biological filter. They are not free floating.

Reaction score
Ok sorry I'm on my cell phone and didn't recall the exact work. Same difference. Also, hahahahabahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I guess when I think of debris of intact waste, leaves, plant matter.
When I read muck, I think of sludge, thick mudd, large compounds of dissolved debris. I guess that's me and I see it as two different words.

Reaction score
The bacteria live on clean surfaces and thrive in high oxygen environments. This is why it is a good idea to have a mechanical filter before your biological filter. They are not free floating.
Does this sound correct, in clean water and high oxygen. You just said bacteria doesn't form on the bottom and the pump is on the bottom with the least amount of oxygen feeding your filtration. How do the bugs form in a low oxygen, dirty environment of a filter. Regardless of size of mechanical filter, debris is still getting into the biological side of the filter which in your words means no bacteria lives because it's dirty and lacks oxygen.
The nitrogen cycle happens every where, not in 1 area. I leave all the debris on the bottom of my pond from fall, where does it go? Not in to the 5g filtration.
So in the pond, your filter area is the only spot bugs grow, how big is your filter? It's less than 10% of total volume which in any hobby is low. 10-20% of total volume will not digest that amount of waste period, thus the nitrogen cycle happens throughout the pond.

Reaction score
S
Does this sound correct, in clean water and high oxygen. You just said bacteria doesn't form on the bottom and the pump is on the bottom with the least amount of oxygen feeding your filtration. How do the bugs form in a low oxygen, dirty environment of a filter. Regardless of size of mechanical filter, debris is still getting into the biological side of the filter which in your words means no bacteria lives because it's dirty and lacks oxygen.
The nitrogen cycle happens every where, not in 1 area. I leave all the debris on the bottom of my pond from fall, where does it go? Not in to the 5g filtration.
So in the pond, your filter area is the only spot bugs grow, how big is your filter? It's less than 10% of total volume which in any hobby is low. 10-20% of total volume will not digest that amount of waste period, thus the nitrogen cycle happens throughout the pond.
Sorry Im done wasting my time conversing with you. You dont know what youre talking about and dont want to learn. Good luck.

Reaction score
S
Sorry Im done wasting my time conversing with you. You dont know what youre talking about and dont want to learn. Good luck.
Your right, I don't want to learn incorrect info. I strongly suggest that you research the nitrogen cycle( at least ammonia and nitrites), it doesn't just happen in your filter. You have said that the nitrogen cycle doesn't happen on the bottom of the pond where the debris is and you said it doesn't happen in the water column. I'm lost from words with all the contradiction, in fact I've stayed firm with my theory and you have not stated anything about the second point of when a plant dies that it takes up all the oxygen from the water. I feel this has not been closed properly by you and am very interested in this hypothesis.

Reaction score
The bacteria live on clean surfaces and in the filter. They aren't free floating. Your lack of understanding is amazing.
Ok, once again... If it's is a clean surface how does it break down debris? It's the nitrogen cycle, Google it, it's everywhere. They even have a barney blanket (we used these in the Corps when we didn't understand our weapons) of the nitrogen cycle that will help you possibly understand. Every pond would fill in with debris if it depended on 20sq ft of media you call filtration.
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THE DEBRIS FROM THE BOTTOM OF A POND DISAPPEARS WITHOUT HUMAN INTERACTION?
Now, again on your original conflict you posted but yet to answer, dying algae (the algae itself) consumes all the oxygen out of the water and that why you need to have a pump running?

Reaction score
http://www.bioconlabs.com/nitribactfacts.html

Fifth paragraph down. Read it and weap. "must colonize a surface for optimum growth". Paragraph 4, all about advances in filtration, where most of the processing happens.

Im done with you. You bore me.
I read your link and it said nothing about being in a 'clean filter' with vast amount of oxygen. It also didn't say that debris wouldn't break down on on the bottom of the pond. But it did say surface, and by installing gravel in the pond I would have more surface area for more 'filtration'. All good points, thanks for the link.

Ask a Question