Almost Done!!!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
A quick note on foam products. HD here carries one labelled "Latex-based" and "water clean-up. I used this product on some of the windows in our house when we were building, and when we replaced all the windows a few years ago, this product had completely deteriorated. The residue that remained looked like toilet paper that had been put through a blender and then left to dry out, just a pile of tiny fibers. I have no idea how long it lasts, but we were wondering why cold air was going around our windows for a long time!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very true haro and I have only recently saw it at home depot after I saw it on This Old House show .They were warning people about it .I always thought it was all the same stuck to your hands like glue and everything you touched became part of your hands and took forever to wash off even after you use goo gone it was still sticky .

Reaction score
That's why I'm just going to go with the waterfalll foam because it better do what its meant to do and not fall apart. And it is very sticky now my hands are all black and I've washed them atleast 30 times since yesterday. Lol!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Are you done now sm or do you still have to gunk up more and have the dirty paws again?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
use nail polish remover .and wear cheap rubber gloves ,ones you can change out a lot when they get to sticky .

Reaction score
Nope not finished I didn't feel like stopping at home depot today because every time I stop I can't come out of there with less than $100 of stuff. Lol!! So I picked up some plants at Walmart today and planted them around the top. But I've been busy with my kitchen still so i only work on the pond in the afternoon.

Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot I'm also going to add a fire pit by the pond kind of like the one that's in the back of my house.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well keep working on all of it and by fall maybe you will have it all done and can sit around the campfire and enjoy your pond sm!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well hope you post more pics and been hearing about the kitchen and is it a small or big remodel .

Reaction score
Pictures will be coming. Not a real big remodel as it had the "big" remodel 2 years ago but its getting new walnut floors, Calcutta marble laminate countertops, carrera marble subway tile backsplash, new lights, new crown molding on cabinets, new hardware, new sink and faucet, and new paint.

Reaction score
Because I feel the need to make it match the master bathroom that I just remodeleda few months ago.
P.s. these are not the fully completed pictures..
IMAG1100.jpg

Let's just say there was a mess under everything I took out.
IMAG1080.jpg

That was under the bathtub and this is what was under the shower.
IMAG1069.jpg

(Gross)
So I removed one wall put a bigger shower a clawfoot bathtub marble floors new vanity new paint and moved some lights around.
IMAG1145.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did the glass back splash and love it and now looking at new counter tops ,I think granite is over rated and want a solid surface that is anti microbial .I did do a new faucet and instant hot water faucet also and new appliances .I know what a hassle kitchens can be to do and wow walnut floors must really look rich .I designed this house and had it built to my specks and tried to do everything i could to make it more energy efficient as i could .

Reaction score
When you do get one make sure to shop around I got mine for under $1000 shipped with the faucet and its a 72" double slipper.

Ask a Question