Almost Done!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the patio I was thinking of doing this.
132001_0_8-1476-traditional-landscape.jpg

But with crushed pink flagstone gravel and big flagstone pieces as the stepping stones.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking great smcox! that patio will look great near your pond! so much fun building a pond, you get to make it look the way you want it too

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh everything you do turns out so nice and love the patio idea .It would drain good also .I made the mistake with mine of using sand but it is far enough upgrade to drain pretty decent .You have the chairs but will need tables to put you drinks on .

Reaction score
I will for sure get some tables maybe some big boulders that are flat on the top. It has been so windy here that its hard to do anything without it blowing away and its also making everything very dry we need some rain.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
boulders would fit the look and the wind calmed down here after all the rain we got wednesday and thursday and hopefully will rain again tuesday .At least I hope so we are still behind in rain by over 5 inches ,Gosh hope your winds calm down as I know her the winds just fan forest fires

Reaction score
I hope the wind stops. I put some more rocks on the waterfall and put some mulch and the weed fabric on the left hand side.

Reaction score
Not much done to the pond.
IMAG1253.jpg

IMAG1254.jpg

IMAG1252.jpg

I haven't had much time to work on it been busy remodeling my kitchen even though I just finished remodeling it 2 years ago. Lol!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Geez what is more important? the pond or the kitchen..............humm...........the pond wins!

Reaction score
No my kitchen is pretty important. Lol!! Its also too hot outside I can only work on it a few hours in the afternoon when it cools down.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well it's time for you to be out there right now then sm cuz it's almost 4pm here!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing, I only work outside in the am when it is cool, afternoon back in the house.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
See now I can't imagine that addy as here it never gets too hot to work outside. Gets too wet lots tho!

Reaction score
I picked up some waterfall foam so i can foam all the rocks in. I also went to one of my local nurseries and took a picture of their pond.
IMAG1257.jpg

It's pretty big probably 20-25' wide and 35' long but its only about 18" deep but i think its the most natural looking man made pond because they don't worry about the algae or dirt on the bottom and i think it looks good.

Reaction score
I went and shot that can of foam in the waterfall and I didn't accomplish much so I will have to go get a few more cans.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are cheap at e-bay but takes a lot of cans .You can buy the regular expanding foam or even soy based foam in a can .Long as it is hidden or you have a bag of pebbles to push into it it will be hidden and after awhile it does blend in .I used some of the window and door sealer in the spray can in a couple of spots and just got rubber gloves and a bag of pebbles to push into the wet foam .It looks like that pond has no fish .Sorry but your first one even though shallow was a thousand times nice than that .I just got my pet mountain delivery fed ex and 3 pound of activated charcoal at under 5 dollars what a buy .Tank adapters were only less than 9 dollars .Have to now get a new sturdier filter tank .I was looking at one they had at home depot .

Ask a Question