Almost Done!!!

Reaction score
So I turned it on and I think 5000gph might be too much 3500 would probably be better but I still might do ahead with the 5000 gph pump and split it.
The water was building up about 5" higher then the opening because it was pumping so fast and not getting out of the weir fast enough but I think it looks pretty good.
IMAG1272.jpg

IMAG1273.jpg

IMAG1274.jpg

IMAG1271.jpg

It was leaking like crazy out of the weir because the foam fell down before it got hard so one more can of foam and i think its good to go.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would split it as you never have to big a pump only to small a pump .Think of the aeration you can get going in that pond .I read a lot of things that say more aeration less problems with water quality .I know I have 3 pumps going now a 2150 gph and a 2900 gph and in the 3 hundred gallon stock tank 650 gph and other 1 that is 150 I only run it at night is 210 gph ..The 650 gph one is being run because my neighbors fish are vacationing here .Fish get a vacation and i don't .wonder if there is such a thing as a fishy resort .

Reaction score
So I decided this pump will stay in the new pond as its 4800gph and the new pump will go in the big pond because its 5500gph. Yes there is a fishy resort its at your house lol!! Why are you baby sitting fish at your house?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The neighbors started rebuilding there pond and the new liner did not come in on time and they only get 10 days for vacation and i told them there here now don't worry about it go and I will watch for the fed ex guy to bring there liner .I looked at expected delivery date and it says monday .Yeh checked on them after i took the clothes down off the clothesline and they all look happy at there new resort . :razz: I cleaned the filter out again and had a discussion with them about there pooping habits .I am cleaning this in pond filter 2 times a day .I need a fishy outhouse .You will at least have well aerated ponds .Should have nice clean water and healthy fish when they get in the pond .How long do you think all that water will take to cycle or did you add some water from your other pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh forgot to tell you harris nursery got colorado rocks and good gosh a 165 dollars a pallet .I stopped by there yesterday on my way back from lowes to see what kind of plants they had .Nice big smooth as a babies bottom rocks .But out of my budget for now .

Reaction score
I think you do need a fish outhouse lol!! Your a very good neighbor to do that. It's about 2,000 gallons so it should change the water over ever 30 minutes or so.

Reaction score
oh forgot to tell you harris nursery got colorado rocks and good gosh a 165 dollars a pallet .I stopped by there yesterday on my way back from lowes to see what kind of plants they had .Nice big smooth as a babies bottom rocks .But out of my budget for now .
I'm not sure how much it sells for here because I get it for free. Lol!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never had a pump that size this one I got was a smart pond pump from lowes at 2900 gph and the box was damaged so got it for 50 dollars and figure I would buy the extended warranty .the fish they have are babies from my fish ,nothing fancy just pretty goldfish .They started with 4 and now have 10 .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well they are making a lot of money off your rocks you may need to go into the black market rock business .You could get rich .Pretty colors of rocks also from hues of lavender ,blue. peach ,salmon and even saw a little green and yellow besides beige ..When i saw them i could not stop touching them ,I saw them in your pics and they are to die for but seeing them in person is really making me get big time rock envy .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice waterfalls and pond, that looks great.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh just read about the storms in Colorado and hoping you are far away from them and everything is OK .

Ask a Question