Underwater streaming

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What camera and equipment do you or have you used. i'd like a set up where you can go to the web from anywhere and view the pond

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use Q-See 8 camera setup with DVR. I can watch the ponds and yard from the cell phones or laptop. My system is wired as the ponds are too far from the house for wireless. 1 Aquascape underwater camera and one Speco Tech bullet underwater camera- both discontinued. It's a shame cause I'm sure that at some point they will go bad but so far both are doing great.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My overall viewing is q-see. Also wired, the ponds to far down the slope for a wireless to work. We have just put in a wifi extender, need to see if a wireless system will work.

I have a new underwater cam to try, still have not gotten around to reading the set up (to make it work with my dvr) so I can try it out. Will get to it soon.............I hope

If it works will let you know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi, did you have any luck? I would love to have a wifi cam in my pond.
Thanks!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Actually yes, I bought ones like mrsclem was using they are working great. The one I mentioned above is still in a box. On my list to do.
I need to find the name of them for you.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here it is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use my Q-See DVR and I think thats what Addy uses as well. Aquascape camera died due to poor cable quality so got these from Amazon. Had an animal chew thru cable and the company fixed the cable for $30.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thats awesome! What do you use to capture the video from the camera and send to wifi?
I have it feed into my q-see dvr also, the cam is under the ice right now the lens is getting a bit murky but I can still the fish just fine. I don't let the night lights come on, that really grows the algae. So the picture is black at night. You can download the capture and post it as a u-tube. Or grab stills
I watch the fish on a tv in our living room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I want the camera to stream live to my website, will the Q-See do that?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I want the camera to stream live to my website, will the Q-See do that?
Yes I watch live action all of the time. On my phone, on my lappy. We check all the time while traveling around.

Opps just noticed website, I think so, think I read about setting that up, but I have not done it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you call this company they might have a cam I bought last year, just now setting it up. On Amazon paid 33 dollars for it.
Well it works, I have had it in a pan of water for a day now, totally water proof. I don't see them on Amazon any more

I bought it then got busy and totally forgot about the cam. Just found the box and set it up yesterday.

Dome Security Camera 1080p Waterproof 30fps 2 MP 4 in 1 Technology AHD/CVI/TVI/Analog Indoor/Outdoor, Vandal Proof Eyeball Fixed Lens 3.6 mm 24 IR LEDs

Sold by: CCTV On Sales

$33.99

Here is the website

this is the picture in a pan of water in the house, need to run a line to the pond, when it warms up a bit.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Will have to follow this Addy. Thats a whole lot cheaper than the ones I ordered. The only thing that concerns me is the rating for weatherproof. Is it rated IP 66 or 68?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Geez let me find where I put the tiny little book down. It sounds like the same company that rebuilt the ones we bought. Came with a small piece of paper saying bought new rebuilt to survive being under water, new sealing new o rings etc. I just had the small book but no clue where I laid it down.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Advance Security is where I got mine and same speech. Bought overseas and completely rebuilt. The biggest difference I found in price is the IP rating. 66 is weather proof, 68 is for long term submersion.

Ask a Question