Underwater lights

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Down to minus 5 deg celsius on rate occasions
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 12 x 6 feet pond 4ft deep and 12,000 litres. I want underwater lights. What wattage should I use and how many. I was thinking of having clear. What do you think. Thanks in advance, gary

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I was hoping someone would reply as I am pondering the same question. I have looked at LED lights that are three different lumen levels. My pond is small so I am thinking the 1 watt size so it isn’t lit up like a ball field at night. I am guessing for your size pond you will need the 6 watt size and enough to create the effect you are imagining.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
i rushed in to this and bought 3 coloured lights for my pond should hav been 4 though ,
ah well you live and learn, i dont even know watt watt they are or make for that

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They some times leak and need extra sealing .If like my hubby who has eye problems it can cause problems .I use down lights and this way I can see the whole pond and fish .It is safer and cheaper lighting .If the inpond ones leak it could cause electrocution .

Ask a Question