another betta photo.......

Reaction score
Country
United States
This new guy seems happy enough. He had a big long bubble nest built when I got home from work yesterday.

024.JPG

And this is my boy who shares a tank with some guppies, lot's of snails and a bn pleco.

009.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just moved my female betta in the inside tank. Shs's now with lots of male guppies, she's bigger than them! She was this little sad yellow thing when I got her and now she's fat and big and beautiful gold (and the scale has dark edge so it looks pretty cool). She seems to be doing ok but I dont know what to feed her? She's not fast like guppy so she's not fighting for food.. what do you suggest?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So do we get to see her? Part of the fun of bettas is watching them change color as they mature. I think now that she is in the house you will really see what interesting little fish they are :D

I'm surprised that the guppies are getting the food before her. My boys and grrls always seem to over eat when they are in a tank with other fish. Are you sure she is eating? What and how do you feed normally?

You can always trying feeding in two different spots in the tank. My bettas all love blood worms.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was never fed her before. She used to just eat the mosquitoes larvae and all the bugs in my nature wildlife pond. So I'm not sure she knows what she's doing. But my baby goldfish, the last one, is gone so might be in her belly already lol.
Will see if I can take her pictures.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm not sure she knows what she's doing. But my baby goldfish, the last one, is gone so might be in her belly already lol

Oopps! That will happen sometimes. She *may* even eat some of the baby guppies. I actually keep a betta in my guppy tank for population control. If I didn't I would be over run with guppies :eek:

Try feeding her some frozen blood worms (defrosted first) I bet she will gobble them up.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was never fed her before. She used to just eat the mosquitoes larvae and all the bugs in my nature wildlife pond. So I'm not sure she knows what she's doing. But my baby goldfish, the last one, is gone so might be in her belly already lol.
Will see if I can take her pictures.

@Nepen How is your betta doing?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Funny you asked. I caught some mosquitoes larvae for her and she gobbled then up yesterday.

Today she's my crayfish s food ;( don't know how to turn the picture!!!

image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I guess only the slow ones get eaten. Betta is quite slower than the guppy. The guppy that got eaten were old ones so I wasn't surprise.

Reaction score
I have two gorgeous bettas right now too. I will post the pictures.

I keep mine with a mix of guppies, tetras and platys, they have no problem grabbing the food off the top. They all see me next to tank and everyone comes up for food. I read they like to eat snails and based on the empty snail shells I have, I can confirm that is correct! Lol!

The crawfish crack me up!!!!! Until I get an empty tank, NO MORE crawfish for me!!!!! LOL!!!

Ask a Question