addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have just a waterfall at one end and a skimmer at the other end. Don't really need the skimmer now since my huge maple died and no more spinners coming down. I leave it running since it adds a bit more circulation.

My entire bog wall weeps water back into the pond which also adds a lot of circulation.

This is a winter shot of my pond. I started with just the big one and the stream then added 4 more to it. The only pump for the big pond and the other 4 is to the right. I do have a small clear water pump that sends water up the hill 100 foot head pressure, then it goes into ponds and the stream back to the big pond. Follow the arrows it shows the flow. The green circle is the bog, the entire wall weeps a bit of water over it. Most comes out the waterfall area.

The purple arrows to the left are small ponds that are fed via a garden hose (the long red line) and they flow back into the big pond.

The black arrow to the left is the skimmer.
waterflow.JPG

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Check out then new power jet that aquascape just put out. It’s really just a pump that you can drop anywhere in the bottom, move around at will, etc. Easier I think than installing jets.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TRAP yup but like i drew earlier put a circulator pump at those point . IT JUST A SMALL PUMP PUSHING WATER in the direction that you want. opps i forgot to hit post ..... yup thats the ones thanks @Lisak1 . Though i have no issue making holes and sealing so theres no leaks i have come up with a couple ideas on how to do return jets or or even main drains and skimmers without cutting or puncturing the rubber. even a skimmer could be installed not compromising the rubber. Before you set the rubber determin where the skimmer or main drain will be. cut a trench in the soil and once you installed the rubber push it into these trenches and run the pipe to the surface the pipe is inside the rubber and run it up and over the edge of the pond . And at that point you just have to hide the plumbing as it comes up over the edge . could be a little tricky but there's no puncture. Then you only have to hide the pipe and make sure the pipe doesnt push the edge down creating a leak

Ask a Question