Another successful build.....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Another successful pond build for my Daughter and Son-in law. These was a very unique build. The pond is located in front of the house. As visitors walk the sidewalk to the front door, they are forced to look at the pond. The pond is approx. 2500 gallons. Plenty of filtration and a DIY skimmer box that has worked out perfectly. The waterfall is flanked by planter boxes. We did not plant yet since we had a chance of frost the last few nights. But the planters will have a variety of plants including a vine plant that will drape over the front onto the rock to soften them a little. The water flows over the larger rocks and splashes on the flatter rock at the bottom. All dug by hand. We are very happy with the results
Check out the pictures and shoot me any questions or comments that you have.
IMG_0366.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0366.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love it when ponds can be enjoyed by visitors .It relaxes them before they knocked and makes people feel welcome.Just make sure come winter they don't put rock salt on ice on the sidewalk come winter .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can't wait to see the plants .This we be a welcome to my home that people will remember

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Really impressive!

On a side note, I saw that deep hole, the shovel, and the black dirt and immediately said: That person is in the Midwest and definitely NOT in the South.

That is some lovely soil!

Reaction score
Really impressive!

On a side note, I saw that deep hole, the shovel, and the black dirt and immediately said: That person is in the Midwest and definitely NOT in the South.

That is some lovely soil!

Not all Midwest is that lovely, I dug through clay and flat rock on my ponds at my new house in Ohio. Although, my old house was .6 miles around the corner, 4' of nice soft black river sediment.

That is a very nice pond build, they did a great job.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
In NJ we had great soil and it is funny my cousin is building a inground pool on her farm land so soil is rich and I wanted to pay the 350 dollars to the trucking company to bring the soil to my house in VA ,but you cannot transport dirt across state lines without a special permit that takes 60 days to be approved and soil samples taken .I think VA has more bugs than NJ ,LOTS MORE .But yet they transport coal ash from NC to VA with out all these extra permits .Coal ash is more dangerous than dirt GEEZE

Ask a Question