Anyone have a POndmaster AP100 air pump for wintering?

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We haven't seen -40 in Edmonton in 20 years. Yes using aheater.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wayne your further north than me, so your colder than me usually, and I checked the Edmonton archive weather records and you had minus 46.1 c, (enviroment Canada posted) that day was also a whopping -58.4c with the windchill in 2009!! And the year before that was another record breaker too!! I'm sure you just forgot cause being that far up north people tend to hibernate the winter weather away! Ha ha ha :)

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Colleen had a dream about ponding in the Yukon.... :LOL: No -40 here!!! Last time I look in the miiror I wasn't an Eskimo.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It's OK to dream Wayne.... and I live in the tropic's where the grass is always green, the sun is always shining, and the flowers and pond look good all year round :) :) :) .... the happy planet again, I got to snap out of it! Ha ha ha

Hey! Maybe winter won't happen this year cause on December 21, 2012, its supposed to change or something, maybe the earth will flip flop and we just might end up smack in the middle of the Tropic of Cancer!! Ha ha ha. :) :) :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Oh ya, while I was looking at Edmonton's record cold temperatures, they said that on December 12, 2009, the only place colder than Edmonton, on Planet Earth, was Siberia, and only colder by a mere 2 degrees! They also said Edmonton had the "dubious" record for being the coldest place on Planet Earth too!!! :) sorry to break the bad news to you Wayne, and wake your from that nice dream.... WeLcOmE to My NiGhTMaRe!!

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Dec 21/12 doomsday, what a way to spoil a Christmas!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ya, couldn't they have had doomsday any other day??? I'm so tired of waiting for the "end" ..... still wondering what happened to Y2K! Notice you don't here much about it these days, after Dec 21 they will have to come up with a "new end date" ha ha ha

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well I have it plugged in and set up now with 2 12" airstones. It's a beauty, tons of bubbles. I'm told at -30 C it won't keep a hole open but will glaze over with clear thin ice that still will release any gases.

Attachments

• IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 303

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
This baby worked great all winter and had way less winter fish kill.

Ask a Question