Anyone have chickens?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My husband and I weren't sure owning chickens would work out for us, so we didn't want to build the typical coop, we built a mini log house.
I chose Orpingtons because of their mellow temperament, I love them and spoil them, but I can't hold'em like I see people do (youtube) I'm afraid they might peck at me. I wish I wasn't so afraid, I guess I'm a chicken!View attachment 110267

I love my orpingtons. They are SOOO sweet. I hold them all the time. One even swims in our pool in the summer. The kids also put them in a sled in the winter and take them for rides. They love it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This weekend I "Spring cleaned" the coop, washed the walls and windows, shop vac the ventilation and changed all the bedding, then this morning I took the hens in one by one and washed their bottom feathers. My girls are looking great, I can't believe they let me wash them! :)

Ask a Question