Anyone put out a garden this year?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here is a couple of pics of my garden. Love to raise my own food. Also enjoy tending to it. One pics is of the early corn i was able to get in. 3 and a half rows of the 12 total we have planted in diffrent stages. And thent he other is of beans and tomatoes. Have watermelon,pumpkkins,cucumbers,cabage,honeydew melons. vven have several rows of sunflowers of all kinds for the finches.

Attachments

• HPIM4999.JPG
    HPIM4999.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 262
  • HPIM5000.JPG
    HPIM5000.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 280

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have a nice big garden. I used to have a veggie garden every year but now that DH has retired we took it out and planted grass cuz we are supposed to hit the road and see the sights. I still am going to plant some stuff in planter boxes on the deck so we can at least have enough for salads but not this year. I grow my tomatoes in a green house also but took a break from that too. Although my friend up the road just asked if I wanted some of her tomatoes that she grew from seed or she was going to have to throw some away cuz she has too many so I might just take her up on that. Nothing better than fresh stuff from the garden. The store stuff has no flavor!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yep put out 650 feet of corn, hope wetter this summer, last year it all died.
and have a veggie garden, not doing too good yet, Think the soil is still cool, may has been cool

Ask a Question