Aqua art retro drain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
The stick in front of the skimmer is a GREAT tip which I wish I knew about when I had my last pond...
Pond chores are my therapy also as long as there are no major problems...then it becomes stress overload!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
If you can get the outer edges of the pond raised to get it to 3 feet deep, I think you'll appreciate it, depending on how much shade the pond gets in the hottest of the summer, and plenty of shady spots for the fish. Are you going with goldfish/ shubunkins or koi? I don't have a bottom drain, just an in-pond skimmer and most of the year, that doesn't require daily or even weekly puttering. I do scoop the bottom from time to time. I followed good advice from the GPF on having as much of the hose/ tubing inside the pond to minimize leaks and am happy I did. Enjoy the planning.
I plan on goldfish/shubunkins since I would be too worried about my koi not having an ideal habitat...
I will see about being able to have the sides built up an extra foot. My pond has to be under a Live Oak so I will have a bit of a leaf load so I don't know if an in=pond skimmer would be enough. Thank you for the tips:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used to train in the Delaware Gap (search and rescue dogs) and I came across more bear scat than I have ever seen. Really cool place, beautiful too!I can't imagine seeing a bobcat with kits...you are very lucky to have that image in your memory:)
One of the reasons i was there was building the power line across the river or i was hunting bears to get some photos of them. The bob cat and family were a bonus and let me tell you it's crazy how high they can jump and with absolutely no preperartion as a bird flew over head and that thing pounced straight up and i swear it was a good 8 feet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond has to be under a Live Oak
oaks are miserable the leaves are so strong they don't like to be sucked up by the vacuum.. I have learned to one get them before they sink, try to net them before or after they sink or just wait till spring when they have softened up a bit before i try to get them with the vac

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
One of the reasons i was there was building the power line across the river or i was hunting bears to get some photos of them. The bob cat and family were a bonus and let me tell you it's crazy how high they can jump and with absolutely no preperartion as a bird flew over head and that thing pounced straight up and i swear it was a good 8 feet.
I love seeing videos of them jumping for mice....nothing is more beautiful than the gifts of nature:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
oaks are miserable the leaves are so strong they don't like to be sucked up by the vacuum.. I have learned to one get them before they sink, try to net them before or after they sink or just wait till spring when they have softened up a bit before i try to get them with the vac
Ugh!

Ask a Question