Aquarium powerheads for pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
with jets low, you will probably disturb any 'crystal clear' water you're hoping for, imo.

The hope would be that, if you do it from the beginning and are consistent, mulm won't build up to be disturbed in the first place. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

I fear it's only going to push it to the weaker areas where there is less circulation it won't have enough strength to do as your thinking however.

Agree. But in this case, it would be paired with a pump that would also be pulling. So the goal would be to push with the jets until debris is in range of the pump to be sucked in.

Maybe focusing on catching everything before it has a chance to sink is a better path. Think it wouldn't work for waste produced by pond occupants, though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've always been of the opinion that a layer of mulm is a good thing in the pond bottom. Lots of creatures make their home down there. Again - quantity of course matters, but that thin layer that gets kicked up has never bothered me a whole lot. It settles fast and is barely visible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one thing I woould do with an intake is to make the inlet narrow and shallow this will give your intake pull . I'd do this with rocks as trying to figure how wide and shallow to make it and you do it with a shelf and liner it maybe to small

Ask a Question