Aquascape coupler fittings--reliability?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

Just curious if others use Aquascape coupler fittings that come with the devices? I had one fail yesterday and drained my pond (2500+ gal) fairly quickly. I woke to not hearing the waterfall noise (oh no, what now), then saw where the coupler fitting came apart from itself upon investigation. It was attached to the output side of a power filter that i use as prefilter (outside of the pond). I use a bottom pump to supply water to the filter. No indication why the coupler fitting pulled apart from itself other than design flaws. The internal flange is not big enough. I had used the setup for a few years with no issues. I was never comfortable with the fittings, but came with the device, so went with them. Lost a dozen golden orfe that i've had for 15 years. Some were foot and half long. The remaining smaller koi's survived. Switched back to regular PVC pressure couplings and all works as expected. Should have went that route in the beginning. Thanks for reviewing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yikes. Waking up to no sound...I get it. Sorry to hear about your fishes. I've no experience with that product but just wanted to commiserate. :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are two main types of couplings . One that is designed for Hard pipe short pockets, and then there is long pockets or pressure fittings that are better suited for flex pvc. use a short coupling and it can be a battle to get it to work and hold long term

Ask a Question